The main purpose of the Investment Reporting Manager role is to be responsible for the off balance sheet investment data used in the business. The role is also responsible for operating a number of key ledger to asset data reconciliations within investment reporting.
Financial Services organisation based in York.
The Investment Reporting team has responsibility for the accurate supply of asset data from a number of providers to facilitate the processing of asset stressing, accounting, financial reporting, credit risk reporting and control over financial investments. Information fed into accounts and into management for decision-making purposes must be timely and accurate to avoid potential financial losses, regulatory breaches and reputational issues in the marketplace.
The main purpose of the Investment Reporting Manager role is to be responsible for the off balance sheet investment data used in the business including the population of a number of Solvency II asset QRTs. The role is also responsible for operating a number of key ledger to asset data reconciliations within investment reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities
Ensuring the local accounting ledgers reconcile to the detailed asset data held in the team, investigating differences and managing resolution.
- Preparing monthly controls over the off balance sheet data within the team (including stocklending , income & gains, collateral, and derivative transactions).
- Populating Solvency II Regulatory reporting requirements
- Preparing local asset fund consolidations at key periods
- Working closely with the wider team both onshore and offshore to ensure consistency of accounting and asset data
- Maintaining an effective control environment including evidencing compliance with FRCF principles.
- Responsible for liaising with internal & external audit teams and FRCF teams on relevant queries.
- You will also be responsible for the identification of improvements which can be made to existing processes within the investment reporting team to improve efficiency and consistency of process across funds, location and topic area.
- You will be expected to give appropriate SME support for cross-functional projects and will require close liaison with the appropriate Reporting and Finance change teams.
- You will undertake other activities not directly assigned to this role profile during peak times to enable the team to deliver client requirements to the appropriate quality and timeliness.
The Investment Reporting Manager will be/have:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Qualified Accountant with relevant post qualification experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and pro-active drive to get behind changes/movements.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Relevant experience of working in a finance environment.
- Experience and understanding of investments and the investment reporting environment preferred.
- Positive attitude to change and new challenges, and a proven ability to drive change.
- Good communication skills with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Salary of up to £45,000 depending on skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Minimum holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme