If you a graduate with a strong numerical background looking to develop your career within the investment industry then this opportunity will appeal.
To be successful you will need to have attained a minimum of 2:1 degree, 340 UCAS points and ideally relevant experience within the industry.
Advanced Level Excel skills required given the nature of the reporting role, together with a high level of organisational and communication skills.
Broad knowledge of financial markets preferred.
The role involves;
1. Preparing and checking investment analysis reports that are produced for a wide range of UK pension schemes.
2. Supporting investment consultants in their role of advising pension schemes on their investment strategy.
3. Supporting investment transitions
The skills required to be successful in this role are:
- Advanced level Excel skills.
- High level of organisation skills.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively (telephone, email and face-to-face) with clients, suppliers and colleagues. Ability to explain their work to their peer group, asset managers and clients in a clear and logical manner.
- Broad knowledge of Financial Markets preferred.
In addition to the necessary academic achievements, the incumbent should be able to demonstrate the following key attributes:
- An ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team, the Investment Reporting Team works closely with other parts of the business and the wider Group.
- Positive personal impact qualities such as leadership, influencing and motivating skills.
- An aptitude for working with people both internal and external of the organisation.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities, able to forge strong working relationships with colleagues, suppliers and clients.
- A client focused approach with regards to work.
- A high degree of professional integrity.
- Able to take ownership and responsibility for own work.
- An eagerness to take on responsibility for new work and other members of staff.
- Able to demonstrate a positive, helpful and enthusiastic approach to work, in particular taking responsibility for personal and technical continuous professional development.
- Able to listen and follow instructions, procedures and assimilate information quickly in a consistent and accurate manner.
- An ability to manage conflicting demands on one’s time and able to work to tight deadlines in order to meet client and needs.
- Capable of anticipating, resolving and owning problems, identifying solutions to management as and when required.
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail is required in order to perform many elements of the role.
- Committed approach to professional development is required, as the balance of study/work and life requires a high degree of self-motivation.
- Communication Skills
- Financial Services
- Graduate Recruitment
- Organisational Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job