As one of our Investment Managers you will manage defined benefit and defined contribution investment portfolios in line with investment mandates using specialist third party fund managers. You will manage a portfolio of pension scheme clients and be a key member of the portfolio management group delivering a discretionary investment service. Working closely with the schemes' appointed investment consultant, you will be responsible for portfolio construction, asset allocation, execution and delivery, with a view to designing solutions to address client needs. The role includes regular verbal and written communication with trustee boards. You will be a senior member of a small team that is committed to providing high levels of customer service.
Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc (JLT) is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services. Our client proposition is built upon our deep specialist knowledge, client advocacy, tailored advice and service excellence. Together, we place our clients first, champion independent thinking and expect to be judged on the results we deliver. JLT has offices in 40 territories with more than 10600 employees supported by the JLT International Network enabling us to offer risk management and employee benefit solutions in 135 countries.
JLT Investment Management is the investment management arm of Investment Solutions, which forms part of Employee Benefits, and consists of Investment Consulting and Investment Management. Working closely with the Investment Consulting team, JLT Investment Management delivers a range of investment solutions to institutional clients.
- To maintain portfolios suitable to clients' investment objectives and risk profile
- To monitor clients' portfolios on a regular basis and carrying out transactions as necessary
- To be responsible for the maintenance of existing relationships with trustee boards and foster relationships with existing and potential clients
- To maintain a very high knowledge of investment markets and ensure your knowledge remains current
- To maintain a very high level of client care and service for both clients and JLT Investment Consulting
- Approve trading orders in line with client specific discretionary management agreements
- To notify and agree courses of action with Investment Director for areas of difficulty and client complaint
- Manage the response to client queries in a professional and efficient manner
- Previously held or currently hold CF30 role
- IMC, CFA or Actuarial qualifications
- Experience in portfolio management and asset allocation
- Advanced Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent financial awareness, numerical skills and knowledge of third party funds
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to liaise with external customers and internally with people at all levels
- Flexible and adaptable approach to ever-changing circumstances
As you would expect from a company like Jardine Lloyd Thompson, we offer highly attractive reward packages. We are aware of how integral our employees are to our progress, so we ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within Jardine Lloyd Thompson in the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
JLT aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.