Investment Management Associate
Edison Wealth Management is recruiting a recent graduate to join its busy and successful practice as an Associate in the Investment team, based in our St James’s office.
This position is right for you if you are ambitious, inquisitive and keen to learn how to manage investment portfolios. You will be working closely with the director responsible for investment management, with the opportunity to have a real impact on the way we run money.
You will be given plenty of support to make the role a success. We expect Associates to progress their career and develop their skills at Edison, with structured training and professional qualifications.
Edison Wealth Management
Edison is an independent, fee-based wealth management firm providing financial planning and discretionary investment management advice that helps individuals, families and trustees grow and create wealth.
Although it’s an established industry we are decidedly contemporary in our approach, challenging convention and embracing new ways of looking at the same old problems.
You won’t see many suits and ties in the office, but you will find an open, cooperative, team-based environment. A flatter structure means we all know our clients’ names – and they know each of us.
You‘ll be joining a bunch of smart, motivated people with complementary skills, who really care about doing a great job for our clients.
Success in the role
A successful Associate will be:
- Driving research and analysis to constantly improve the way we manage money
- Staying adaptable and organised when it comes to learning new things and taking on responsibility
- Striving for 100% accuracy at all times – nothing less
- Asking questions and adopting an inquisitive mindset
- Being highly communicative and open to feedback
- Prepare and assess investment performance reports for clients
- Build financial models and analyses to improve investment performance
- Develop and test investment hypotheses
- Assist with client portfolio administration
- Investment committee meeting preparation, minutes and follow ups
- Write regular market commentaries and outlooks
- Gather and process data sets for internal and external use
- Managing CRM and workflow
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 2:1 degree (completed)
- Degrees with exposure to gathering, processing and reporting data preferable
- Proficiency with Excel and handling data
- Computer literate – full Windows Office suite
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Previous experience of working in an office environment preferable, but not compulsory
- Highly organised, analytical, proactive and communicative
- Keen interest in economics and how financial markets work
- Able to work in a team, take the initiative, and remain resilient under pressure
This is a full-time, permanent position, based at our office in St James’s, London. Starting salary is from £25,000 pa to £30,000 pa depending on qualifications and experience
Please attach your CV along with a covering letter to the link provided.
Please note that applications without a covering letter will not be accepted.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job