Larger Mezzanine Loans/Equity Investments
The Investment Executive will be required to assist the Investment Manager/Investment Director(s) to complete larger mezzanine loans (£500k to £1.0 million) and equity investments from £250k to £2.0 million.
The Investment Executive will be required to:-
- Review and analyse business plans and information memoranda
- Undertake (on-line) research in order to validate the statements made in business plans/investment memoranda
- Attend presentations from management teams seeking funding with the Investment Manager/Investment Director(s)
- Analyse statutory accounts and present findings to the Investment Manager/Investment Director(s)
- Assist with the preparation of illustrative valuations using the standard template
- Assist with the population of the proprietary deal structuring model
Involvement In The Lending/Investment Process
The Investment Executive will be required to assist the Investment Manager/Investment Director(s) with:-
- The preparation of initial lending/investment papers for submission to the Investment Panel pulling together the output from the investment appraisal process
- The preparation of final lending/investment papers summarising due diligence findings for presentation to the Investment Panel (the Investment Executive will required to attend due diligence feed-back meetings if required)
- All aspects of the administration of the lending/investment process including ensuring that all conditions associated with loan/investment have been satisfied prior to completion (including anti-money laundering checks, draw down notices, etc.)
- Completion of standard post completion checklists
- The handover of the loans/investments to the Portfolio Director/Portfolio Manager/Portfolio Support Manager including attendance at Portfolio Review Meetings if required
The Investment Executive will be required to carry out research in order to identify SME companies that could potentially benefit from funding.
The Investment Executive will be required to attend/assist with marketing events and over time represent the company at third party marketing events.
- A newly qualified accountant (CIMA qualification preferred)
- Excellent Microsoft Offices skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ambitious and hard-working self-starter
- Out-going and sociable
- Capable of growing in to the role of Investment Manager within a three year period