This is a permanent position with a salary of GBP 60-65,000 per annum.
The Investment Technology team sits within the investment team. Their primary purpose is to develop and maintain the Investment Platform (IRP) used by the Investment Team. This platform encompasses all aspects of Investment including Portfolio Optimisation, Asset Allocation and Operational reconciliations.
Reporting to the Head of Investment Technology, the Investment Developer controls all aspects of the software development process, from the initial analysis through to the release and maintenance of any solution that is implemented.
The Investment Developer requires in depth knowledge of Object-Orientated Programming practices and multi-tier application development as well as the entire software development lifecycle.
This role requires a strong analyst developer with a broad technology background ranging from front end UI development through to database design and development. The role requires taking ownership of varied and business critical projects. Projects may range from improving the core system's code base to intergration with third party systems. Therefore, an intellectually curious and results driven mindset is required.
Experience and technical skills:
Extensive experience of the following technologies:
- Programming Languages (essential): C#
- Programming Languages (nice to have): F#, VB/VBA, Java
- GUI Frameworks: WPF, WinForms
- Communication Layers: WCF, MVVM
- Databases: SQL Server
- Data Frameworks: Entity Framework
- Development Tools: Visual Studio, Telerik (or equivalent)
- Quant Software: Excel, Matlab
- Testing Frameworks: NUnit
The candidate will need to have experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment and will have in-depth knowledge of User Interface design.
The successful candidate will also have extensive experience of the financial industry and focussing on Financial/Quantitative modelling.
Personal attributes required:
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Strong skills in User Interface design
- Recognising areas of reusability
- Ability to think on one's feet
- Confident presentation and communication skills
- Willingness to adopt new working practices and technologies
- Capacity to take full ownership of tasks and see them through to completion
- Logical and calm approach when working to tight deadlines
- Be a team player
Application closing date: Friday 23rd February 2018
- Problem Solving
- Software Development