The Investment Associate provides support for the Investment Team allowing efficient and effective due diligence review of cases introduced by the Client Relationship Team.
Liaise with other team members and all employees across the business as is necessary to perform key responsibilities.
You will also liaise with any external parties (claimants, external counsel, lawyers, insurer) as required by the Investment Managers to facilitate the due diligence review, pricing and preparation for Board review.
Hours: Full time
Start Date: ASAP
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Assist in preparing files and bundles.
- Coordinate with Investment Manager to send case files for external legal review.
The platform is used across the business to ensure data is collated and visible. A key responsibility for this role is to ensure that this is the case, supporting the Investment managers. Specific examples of this include but are not limited to:
- Regularly update the platform with the required details to ensure all necessary information is collated and stored.
- Ensure all documents are saved and organised correctly on platform and shared drive.
- Finance application details and updates to be uploaded.
- Inputting budgets, budget variations, expenses and fees on the system.
- Arranging and preparing all paperwork and details needed for Investment Committee Meetings.
- Taking minutes at meetings.
Administration and Research
- Printing and organising documents.
- Profiling and summarizing of documents.
- Drafting correspondence both internally and externally.
- Conducting due diligence.
- Regularly updating spreadsheets and progress monitoring charts.
- Undertaking ad hoc general administrative tasks when required.
- Dealing with finance contract variations.
- Proof reading, copy checking, indexing, archiving.
- Undertaking legal research as and when required.
- Actively participate in continual professional development taking an active interest in the industry and in developing new ideas and skills which can be of benefit to the business.
Core Values and attributes
- Align with a client-centric approach.
- Be passionate about our clients and our business.
- Act with discretion, integrity, respect and professionalism at all times.
- Adopt a collaborative approach.
- Commitment to professional excellence and a drive to continually grow and develop.
- Adaptable and resilient with the ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment and industry.
- Passionate about relationship and client development and genuine interest in the litigation funding arena.
Candidates must be / have:
- Legal disputes experience gained in private practice or in-house likely in a paralegal or other similar role.
- Ability to prioritise and deliver to tight and demanding timescales.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Very organised with an ability to plan ahead.
- The ability to learn quickly and to assimilate complex information.
- Flexible approach willing to take on any administrative/support tasks to support the Investment Managers and team in the primary role of reviewing, recommending and managing meritorious cases for investment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently.
- Excellent numerical skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job