As an Investment Associate you will work closely with and provide operational assistance to a team of Investment Managers and Associate Investment Managers responsible for managing defined benefit pension scheme portfolios. You will be responsible for assisting in the processing of client trades, the preparation and issuing of valuations and the checking of fee deductions as well as handling ad hoc client requests. You will be a key part of a small team that is committed to providing high levels of customer service.
Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc (JLT) is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services. Our client proposition is built upon our deep specialist knowledge, client advocacy, tailored advice and service excellence. Together, we place our clients first, champion independent thinking and expect to be judged on the results we deliver. JLT has offices in 40 territories with more than 10600 employees supported by the JLT International Network enabling us to offer risk management and employee benefit solutions in 135 countries.
JLT Investment Management is the investment management arm of Investment Solutions, which forms part of Employee Benefits, and consists of Investment Consulting and Investment Management. Working closely with the Investment Consulting team, JLT Investment Management delivers a range of investment solutions to institutional clients.
- To ensure that client instructions are carried out in a timely manner
- Prepare any trading orders in line with client specific mandates for approval by an Investment Manager or Associate Investment Manager
- Assisting in the transfer of assets to JLT Investment Management
- Assisting in the day-to-day management of defined benefit and defined contribution pension scheme portfolios
- Issuing of client valuations and transaction statements to clients and JLT Investment Consulting
- Maintain a very high level of client care and service with internal colleagues and clients
- To notify and agree courses of action with the Investment Managers and Associate Investment Managers for areas of difficulty and client complaint
- Respond to client queries and instructions in a professional and efficient manner
- Ensure compliance with all internal procedures and maintain good client records
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Good financial awareness and numerical skills
- Up to date knowledge of markets, investments and funds
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Able to work on own initiative and prioritise workloads
- Ability to liaise with internal customers and people at all levels
As you would expect from a company like Jardine Lloyd Thompson, we offer highly attractive reward packages. We are aware of how integral our employees are to our progress, so we ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within Jardine Lloyd Thompson in the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
JLT aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.