£22,000 - £25,000 + Benefits
All applicants must provide a cover letter along with their CV
My client is one of Yorkshire’s leading boutique wealth management firms. Due to organic business growth, they are looking for an ambitious individual with a strong academic record to assist their investment team. The role will encompass a wide range of functions including investment research, portfolio management, dealing with clients and day to day investment administration. The client will fully fund CISI level 6 studies and in return you will be expected to achieve level 6 status within 3 years of the end of your probationary period.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who is looking to start or build on a career in private client wealth management.
The Role of Investment Assistant:
- Provide administrative support to the investment team
- Prepare regular market data reports and contribute to investment meetings
- Contribute to the research function, preparing holding/sector/industry reports for Investment managers (IMs)
- Run quantitative stock/fund screens, reporting results to IMs
- Assist investment team with investment review letters / proposals / reports and general client correspondence.
- Attend Fund Manager due diligence meetings
- Build and place client trades at IMs request (under supervision)
- Undertake strategy and client portfolio analysis
- Monitoring client portfolio compliance alerts on an on-going basis
- Assist with preparation of marketing and presentation material
- Ad-hoc project work as required
- Liaise with clients in correspondence and over the telephone in a professional manner
- Work with administrators to ensure smooth running of the investment proposition
- Draft contract note covering letters, client reports and ad-hoc replies to client queries
- Develop relationships with clients, assisting at meetings as appropriate, including the preparation of necessary documentation.
- Keep abreast of and ensure adherence with all relevant firm, FCA and money laundering regulations
What You Will Need:
- Solid academic background and numerate (degree preferable but not essential)
- Relevant experience in a similar role a positive but not essential
- Demonstrable interest in Financial Markets and Private Client Investment Management
- Willingness to study for/pass relevant CISI Level 4 (then 6) qualifications
- Team player with effective and professional communication skills
- I.T literate, particularly with Microsoft Office & Excel
- Be able to demonstrate initiative, adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent eye for detail and ability to work under pressure.
What’s in It for You!
- Salary package based on experience
- Participation in annual discretionary bonus scheme upon completion of 12 months service
- 22 days annual leave (increasing with service)
- Benefits package including company pension, death in service and health plan.
- Help and assistance with professional career development within the industry
Sound like the right fit for you? Then apply!
How to apply for the Investment Assistant job
If you have the skills and experience required for this Investment Assistant job, just click "apply" today and watch out for an email giving you more information on how to tailor your application.
Please provide a covering statement detailing your interest in the industry and why you feel you should be considered for the role.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
Suitable skills and experience include: Investment Assistant, Administration, Finance, Finance Assistant, Finance or Business Graduate, Financial Advisor, Administrative Assistant, Investment Manager.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'