Investment Analyst - Social Impact Investment
This is an opportunity for a highly analytical and ambitious individual to utilise their skills in an FCA-regulated Investment Management company. The key difference with this role is that everything you do will benefit society and your local area in particular (whilst still providing a healthy return to investors). It is a truly innovative organisation that leads the way in 21st Century thinking. You will need to be highly numerate with excellent modelling skills.
This exciting social impact Investment Management company is looking for an Investment Analyst to work in its Birmingham office, primarily on its recently launched West Midlands-focused Social Investment Fund. The ultimate objective of this Fund is to dismantle poverty and disadvantage in the West Midlands region, through the provision of affordable investment for local social enterprises to grow their businesses and their impact.
You will be joining a small, already established team to help with the origination and execution of investments from the Fund.
Our overall mission is to connect capital with social enterprise and we have over 15 years' track record in delivering that. The organisation now manages over £170m through 8 different social investment Funds, including one of the first Social Investment Funds to be launched in the country (the Bristol Fund), from which the West Midlands Fund was replicated earlier this year.
- Assisting in origination, execution and ongoing management of investments from the Fund.
- Ongoing monitoring of Fund in accordance with agreed remit, terms and objectives.
- Undertaking financial analysis and preparation of committee papers and investment recommendations for the Investment Committee.
- Building the organisation's network within the West Midlands social enterprise and investment community.
- Taking part in meetings, conferences and events
- Promoting the organisation to social enterprises and identifying potential investees
- Developing relationships with investors and other partners
- Assisting with reporting to the management team and Board
- Deputising for other team members
- Undertaking other duties as required
Essential experience and personal qualifications:
- Good financial modelling capabilities and an aptitude for investment analysis
- Genuine passion for social enterprise, innovation and change, and a desire to support it
- The ability to understand, interpret, and explain financial and business documentation
- Commercial acumen and the ability to spot opportunities
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Strong networking, interpersonal, and influencing skills
- The ability to be self-contained, self-motivated, and work independently, combined with a responsiveness to goals and performance targets
- Willing to travel within the UK, primarily within the West Midlands region, and work with colleagues in multiple locations using appropriate communications technology
- Enthusiasm to work in an entrepreneurial and innovative environment
- Desire to help address social issues through impact investment
- Fully subscribes to the organisation's vision, mission and values
- Experience in investment processes or management consultancy
- Knowledge of the West Midlands region
- Experience of working within the West Midlands
- Educated to degree level
- FCA approval or other professional qualifications
- Exposure to investment deals either as an investor, enterprise, or professional adviser
- Experience of social enterprise, entrepreneurial business, or both
- Analytical Modelling
- Investment Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'