Investment Administrator - Operations role in new Boutique Asset Manager
Location: Mayfair (West End London)
Salary: Competitive (with outstanding long-term bonus and share ownership opportunities)
Our client is a newly established asset management firm benefitting from the support of an established and highly regarded Mayfair asset manager.
You will join the Operations team and work on various investment administration, client support and general tasks. It is a broad role within a growing boutique firm that will offer unrivalled long-term opportunities.
The role includes a competitive remuneration package and standard hours will be 8:30AM to 5:30PM, with an hour for lunch. Flexibility is required for the occasional longer day.
EDUCATION / ATTRIBUTES
- Graduate with a strong academic record.
- Experience within investment operations is essential.
- Outstanding Excel skills, ideally including the ability to write or edit macros written in VBA.
- Candidates must demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
Core Investment Administration
- Portfolio Administration: Security trade settlement, foreign exchange calculations, transaction cost analysis checks, daily cash management, monthly stock reconciliations, security ticket calculations, corporate actions, proxy voting, withholding tax reclaims, static data maintenance, investment guideline compliance.
- Fund Valuations: Monthly and bi-monthly fund valuation sign-off. Checking security values, cash values, accruals, management fees and tax reclaims for accuracy.
- Client records: Checking monthly client statements for accuracy. Checking market values, management fees, performance, fee rebates, income distributions and statement recipient lists.
- Vendor Management: Monitoring of Custodians, Fund Administrators and Transfer Agents. Ensure that agreed service levels are being met, plan and implement new initiatives. Update and refine operating procedures and introduce simplifications, as required.
Investor / Firm / Client Support
- Investor Reporting: Produce routine reports for Investors using data from sources such as Factset, MSCI, Bloomberg and Indata (internal investment system). Occasionally, existing reports will have to be modified or new reports will have to be developed.
- Projects: Work with members of the investment team on projects, such as back testing of security performance, security analytics reports, supporting research projects and client presentations. Write project specification and developing solutions using existing system resources.
- Client Support / Reporting: Support the Marketing and Client Service group by updating routine reports, newsletter data and client presentation data. Production and checking of data for clients' consultants and other ad-hoc requests. Occasionally, new reports will need to be developed.
- Firm Support: Support for other areas of the Firm such as the Dealing, Finance and Compliance functions. This may include, but is not limited to, developing reports supporting areas such as the monitoring of brokerage commissions, fixed asset registers, expense analysis templates and other ad hoc reporting. Given the size of the firm, involvement is other business areas, including providing cover to other business areas, is likely to be required.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job