Location: Manchester (Castlefield, M3 4LZ)
Salary: Negotiable (dependent upon experience)
With almost 800 stores and over 7000 dedicated employees, we are the UKs largest independent pharmacy chain. Customer care is at the heart of everything we do and as we continue to grow at an incredible rate exciting opportunity are being created for people like you to join our team.
Our three exciting brands Well Pharmacy, Well Careplus and Bestway MedHub are changing the face of pharmacy. We’re hiring for a fantastic opportunity within our Finance team in Manchester and a key part of that team is our Investment Accountant. Reporting to the Senior FP&A Manager you will analyse the performance of all investments made by the Well business.
What you'll do:
You’ll be tasked with presenting and explaining the analysis to senior management, adding insight to inform strategy. Business Partnering with individuals responsible for investment on an ad-hoc basis to assist them to develop their business cases with proactive intervention to avoid making poor investments by taking a joined up view across multiple projects.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- For projects passing through Change Board you will:-
- o independently review and challenge business cases before they are brought to the Board
- o challenge and present a summary of the forecasts from the project managers each month, gaining an understanding of changes to forecast, opportunities and risks against budget, and sensitivities within the projects
- o independently evaluate the achievement of the benefits claimed by the project managers and the costs declared as part of the subsequent post investment appraisal process, and applying the learnings to future strategy and project delivery
- Providing support and challenge to the Estates team you will:-
- o Prepare the analysis required for the monthly Estates meeting, providing challenge during the meeting against the Estates strategy
- o Evaluate the ongoing return on investment achieved on historic estates investments (relocations, refits, acquisitions, cold starts), providing summary analysis at the Estates Board
- o Provide financial analysis to support commercial negotiations for the Estates team, including acquisitions, disposals, relocations, refits, cold starts, consolidations, consortium decisions
- o Support Estates team attendance at consortium Board meetings by providing financial analysis to challenge performance
- o Monitoring of underperforming branches and influence estates strategy accordingly. Provide updates to the Exec and the Board on a regular basis.
- Managing capital and project accounting, ensuring accruals are processed based for capital commitments and a robust forecast is maintained, with committed project spend controlled within budget.
- Overseeing Fixed Assets accounting and controlling, ensuring guidance and processes are appropriate for the business.
- Assist the Senior FP&A Manager with budgeting, forecasting and 3YP responsibilities
Key knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Relevant accounting qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Previous experience of investment appraisal, with an understanding of shareholder value
- Strong financial modelling (Excel) skills
- Ability to influence peers and upwards, working closely with field colleagues and Senior Management
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent training & development opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Staff Discount
- Childcare Vouchers, Travel Loans and more
If you want to help us with our purpose, of looking after people’s most precious thing, their health and wellbeing, and you're keen to progress your career with a business that's going to disrupt the market, then join us.
- Fixed Assets
- Business Partner Support