Inventory Planner at Wolseley UK Chesterfield. Fixed Term Contract until August 2018. Offering competitive salary, 40 hours per week, 23 days holiday pro rata, pension, healthcare, discounts plus other core benefits for you to choose from.
About the role
This exciting administrative role will involve managing the demand profile and supply of a range of products across various suppliers within the Infrastructure branch network to ensure that product availability and inventory value are maintained at targeted levels and excellent customer satisfaction is achieved. You will also have the opportunity to contribute to the inventory management and business improvement initiatives in relation to these suppliers and products.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Achieve KPI levels of product availability and inventory value within the Wolseley UK Infrastructure network for a range of different suppliers’ stocked range of products.
- Manage statistical forecasts for a range of products, and additional 'market intelligence’ forecasts, to ensure that product supply reflects branch and customer requirements.
- Manage the Inventory forecasting and planning system for the specified supplier product ranges through data management and exception reports.
- Carry out and coordinate the support elements of the Inventory function: raising, receiving acknowledgment of, and expediting purchase orders.
- Manage & develop a number of suppliers, ensuring that they meet the requirements of Infrastructure, in terms of delivery OTIF measures and work with those suppliers to ensure that product availability and inventory targets are consistently achieved.
What skills and experience are we looking for?
If you have experience within sales, an office based environment or purchasing we would like to hear from you.
- PC literate with solid working knowledge of MS Office packages (predominantly Excel)
- Sound analytical skills
- Experience within and office based environment
- Inventory management or purchasing experience
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Proven record of working with and developing suppliers
Wolseley is a FTSE 100 Company and the world’s largest trade distributor of plumbing and heating products and a leading supplier of building materials. Wolseley UK also invests heavily in people through a company-wide training structure focused on developing core skills, and offers an award-winning pensions and rewards package.
This is for a fixed term contract until August 2018, working 40 hours per week.
To apply please click below or email a copy of your CV quoting reference number 128352
- Communication Skills