Inventory Manager - £28,000 - £33,000 - Leading Business - Leicestershire
As Inventory Manager will be supporting a fast paced manufacturing site and you will be accountable for all stock control, inventory and vendor management.
The company is a leading manufacturing business with market leading products, superior service, and it supports a number of high profile businesses nationwide.
As Inventory Manager you will be responsible for:
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors and Far Eastern Suppliers as well as internal stakeholders.
- Manage team of two.
- Implement new vendors from an inventory point of view and support senior management with resolving supply issues with vendor contracts.
- Manage vendor SLA’s, working closely with suppliers to improve on material/product availability to ensure targets are met.
- Liase with various freight forwarders and carriers, ensuring that delivery deadlines are met and improved on.
- Improve on all supplier and inventory KPIs, taking a proactive approach to meeting sales forecast and sales demands.
- Manage inhouse stock system, providing reporting and excellent stock analysis.
- Work closely with internal teams including sales, customer services, quality, Manufacturing and Warehouse.
- Working with suppliers, building relationships and resolving issues;
- Optimizing product availability for customers and reducing inventory levels to optimise budget, warehouse space and manufacturing efficiency.
The successful Inventory Manager will have the following skills and experience:
- Have experience of working within a similar inventory manager, inventory controller, stock planner, stock control, supply chain analyst, vendor management, demand management, planning, forecasting role
- Experience of inbound stock.
- Experience of working with suppliers, with the ability to resolve supply/product availability issues;
- Ideally experience of working with Far Eastern Suppliers
- Have worked ideally within a manufacturing / warehousing environment
- Working knowledge of Inventory or Stock planning systems would be advantageous. Microsoft Excel knowledge essential.
- Must be a hands on candidate, proactive and excellent problem solver. This won’t be a behind the desk job and we need a candidate that is happy to get out and about within the manufacturing / warehouse to build relationships and resolve issues.
In return the will receive a salary of £28,000 - £33,000 pa and long term career progression.