We are recruiting for an Inventory Controller on behalf of our client based in Derby. This role will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of A,B & C cat suppliers to ensure material is delivered in line with SAP MRP generated schedules. This will support planned Production outputs.
This includes the management and processing of non-conforming material back into the supply chain to be repaired and returned in line with delivery requirements, Management of material inventory levels to support Production requirements whilst maintained at an agreed value.
This role will cover the start-up, realisation and completion phases of a Project in line with the SMB manufacturing process.
Duties and Responsibilities of an Inventory Controller
- Management of on time deliveries in line with scheduled & purchase order requirements issued via a Web Order Management Tool (WOM).
- Regular contact with the Supplier to review and confirm delivery requirements.
- Monthly delivery and outstanding reject reconciliation.
- Provide and update information on key performance issue eg) Backorders, On time delivery OTD, Material Coverage, Outstanding reject orders.
- Ensure on time delivery promise dates are always available to cover a 5 week rolling period (Material Coverage Reporting)
- Support Supplier Reviews process by being fully prepared with responses to previous agreed actions.
- Organise and chair reviews to deal with urgent critical performance issues affecting material availability to support Production requirements.
- Supplier visits to review proactive capacity planning and future delivery requirements.
- KPI management in line with agreed targets - Backorders, OTD, WOM usage, Outstanding Rejects,
- Attend and input into Daily Production Stage Meeting.
- Attend Daily Material Backorders Meeting fully prepared to report the availability and coverage of Supplier Line Items required for Production.
- Attend weekly Coverage Meeting fully prepared with a confirmed view of delivery promise dates to cover a rolling 5 week period.
- Attend weekly KPI meeting with the Inventory Manager to review statistics and actions.
- Support Kaizen and continuous improvement initiatives through the
Details of an Inventory Controller
- Location: Derby
- £12.00-16.00 per Hour.
- Hours: Mon-Fri 37Hrs per week
Skill and Experience of an Inventory Controller
- Excellent Customer service skills
- You will be literate in MS Office suite (particularly Excel, Word and Power Point, Project). Experience of SAP would be preferable.
- Other elements to consider (Example: work environment, physical demand, etc.)
- You will be exposed and able to communicate at all levels within the organization.
- You will be familiar with the production shop floor environment,
- You will have excellent organisational and analytical skills.
- You will have experience of dynamic high speed environment.
- You will be prepared to travel to Suppliers both in the UK and overseas.
Benefits of working as an Inventory Controller
- 28 days holidays
- Working for a reputable company
- Good company Pension
- Company car park
If you are interested in this position please click Apply
- This role will be responsible for the management of a portfolio of A
- B & C cat suppliers to ensure material is delivered in line with SAP MRP generated schedules. This will support planned Production outputs. This inclu
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job