Inventory Controller - 12 month FTC
Job Title: Inventory Controller - 12 month FTC
Location: Milton Keynes
My client is looking for an Inventory Controller for a 12 month contract to cover maternity leave who will take responsibility of assigned product categories and the National Accounts customers, ensuring total integrity for the optimisation of inventory levels. You will be mainly focused on managed reduction of stock inventory costs whilst maintaining the maximum stock availability.
You will need excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with the ability to organise and prioritise work where necessary and confidently work in pressured environments. It is important that you have fantastic communication skills, good analytical and administrative skills and a flexible, proactive and enthusiastic approach to your work load.
Your key duties as the Inventory Controller are:
• Ensuring effective and reasoned inventory planning at category and SKU level by using considered data analysis, product and commercial knowledge to ensure absolute optimisation of stock levels
• Working with the Product Performance team to track and monitor cost of goods margin
• Playing a pivotal role in the planning and development of product introduction and subsequent exit strategies working closely with product managers, taking into consideration freight volumes/lanes/charges and commodity tariffs
• Contributing to departmental input into Pre S&OP Process
• Controlling and managing vendor performance per selected categories and provide necessary analysis for review
• Monitoring cost of moving goods from source to DC
• Developing close working relationships with suppliers
• Monitoring and managing operational costs such as cost of goods, margin, production scheduling.
• Ensuring that individual KPI targets are met.
• Maintaining contact and communication with internal and external sales teams to assist with customer issues and provide necessary reports. Be a key player in the development of customer focus initiatives
• Raising purchase orders to deliver timely stock holdings, whilst maintaining agreed levels of stock throughout the seasons
As the Inventory Controller, you should have the following:
• The ability to compile and analyse statistical information
• Ideally CIPS qualified/part qualified
• Previous experience in an Inventory management role within commercial/sales
• Computer literate, specifically Microsoft Office
• The ability to implement corporate strategy as required
• Evidence of strong negotiation skills and commercial awareness
• Knowledge of MRP systems and supply chain analysis
So, if you’ve got the skills and experience our client is looking for we would love to hear from you!
- Supply Chain
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'