This is a really exciting time to be joining Mencap’s expanding internal communications team as we’re going through a digital transformation that’s going to revolutionise the way we communicate with our 8,500 colleagues.
We have a brand new role available for an experienced and passionate Intranet Manager to project manage, build and lead on the redevelopment of our Intranet. Working with our new intranet product supplier, you will be the key contact between Mencap teams and the supplier, as well as working with the IT teams on the technical elements of implementation, upgrades and integration. You’ll also need to be an excellent fit with Mencap’s core values: Caring, Trustworthy, Inclusive, Positive and Challenging.
You’ll join a small, busy, friendly internal comms team that currently consists of a Head of Internal Comms, 2 x Internal Comms Officers, an Internal Comms Assistant and an Intranet Manager.
For all stages of the intranet's development, you will hold responsibility for the overall visual design, site navigation, site content, engagement and training of users, coordination with key stakeholders and oversight of the technology. Once the new site is launched, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operation and management of the intranet. You will be responsible for maintaining the visual design, site navigation and site content.
As part of a small, busy internal comms team you will also provide some internal communications planning and support for key strategic projects across Mencap.
Sound ideal for you?
Key skills and experiences:
- Experience of developing & managing intranets
- Very comfortable with social software/web-based technologies
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and willing to take responsibility
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and verbal
- Ability to engage with, build and maintain relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Excellent content editing skills
- Knowledge of internal comms practice, channels and tools
- Experience of managing high profile communication projects
- Highly creative and an innovative thinker
- An understanding of Mencap and what we do
*Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of key skills and experiences, refer to the attached JD for more detailed information
If you feel like you have what it takes to be our new Intranet Manager, please apply using your CV and cover letter.
JOB ID: 12285
- Internal Communications
- Visual Design