Band 6/7 Depending on Experience
We are currently looking to recruit an interventional radiographer to working within our radiology department. This is an excellent opportunity as our hospital boast a state of the art setting, amazing technology and a fantastic staff team.
- Display evidence of good anatomical, physiological and pathological knowledge to assist in the clinical justification of Radiography referrals in line with both national regulations IRMER (2000) (Ionising Regulations (Medical Exposure) Regulations) and local protocols.
- To liaise with referral sources where clarification is required for the most clinically appropriate imaging.
- To act as a point of advice for imaging referrers and patient enquiries.
- To act as a patient advocate in Radiation protection issues.
- To assess specific communication needs of individual patients.
- To acquire diagnostic images and physically position the full range of patient presentations accurately for examinations taking into account patient limitations and adapting standard techniques where necessary (presentations include distressed children, unconscious multiple trauma patients and uncooperative patients).
- Provide information by explanation and demonstration of often-complex procedures and listening to the patient's requirements in order to encourage compliance with the imaging process.
- Provide reassurance as to the necessity of an x-ray examination involving the risk/ benefit associated with the harmful effect of ionising radiation.
Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and a rich history.
- Child care located on site
- Lots of access to discounted food and shopping
- Good transport link and parking options
- CPD and hands on training always provided
If you would like to apply for this position please email your CV to or call for more information.