We are recruiting into a fantastic law firm due to growth, an Intervention Assistant Manager's post. It really is a fantastic firm to work for with many opportunities and this role is an exciting one for a bright legal person! It may be that you already have some legal experience under your belt or perhaps you are a graduate looking to start your legal career....
The Intervention Team acts for our regulator, the Solicitors Regulatory Authority [SRA] and as such, the work will involve responsibility for protecting the public & upholding the public interest.
This varied role will be to assist the intervention manager and support the wider team including the partners in our role as intervention agent for the SRA. The SRA has the power to close down firms of solicitors in certain circumstances and we act for the SRA as agent in effecting the intervention. The role is wide ranging and exciting and includes the following aspects:
- Preparing the documents in readiness for the day of intervention, including notices and consent forms;
- Attending on the day of intervention;
- Preparing the note of intervention;
- Assisting with reports, costs estimates and billing;
- Supervising the day to day administration of an intervention, including overseeing contact with clients of the intervened practice;
- Noting and keeping on top of all deadlines;
- Overseeing the management of the data room;
- Assisting with court applications
- Carrying out file reviews
In addition, the power of intervention results in the SRA taking possession of client money held by the intervened practice and the role will include the following additional aspects:
- Preparing and sending invitations to claim to those clients who are entitled to money in the client account at the date of intervention; [including chasing letters];
- assisting with claims to include:
- analysing evidence
- preparing comprehensive reports
- maintaining electronic and manual files
- dealing directly with claimants
- planning and monitoring the progress of cases.
Skills & Experience
- A Levels or equivalent. A legal qualification e.g. legal executive would be beneficial. Also some knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Rules and/or conveyancing procedures would be advantageous but is not essential as training will be given.
- Exemplary customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent IT Skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Ability to manage own time
- Mathematical/numerate mind set and able to disseminate financial information
- Ability to handle large workloads
- Able to adapt quickly to changing work demands