Competitive Salary: Very Competitive.
Type of vacancy: Full Time, Part Time and Contract
Millennium Translations is a leading provider of interpreting and translation services to public services and businesses. We specialise in providing highly trained and qualified interpreters and translators 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
With 40 years’ experience as a language services agency with an excellent reputation, we have direct contracts with a number of police forces throughout the UK for interpreting and translation services. We also supply linguists to courts and tribunals and have many major clients in the public sector (including probation, NHS, local government) and in the business sector. We are looking to recruit more interpreters, particularly to service our new police force clients in the UK.
Interpreters convert spoken or sign language statements from one language to another. They work in situations where people who do not speak the same language need to understand one another. If you can speak one or more foreign languages and would like an important role where you can work in areas like politics, business or public service, this job could be for you. In this job you would need good listening skills and a clear speaking voice. You would also need to be able to concentrate and think quickly.
Interpreting involves listening to, understanding and memorising content in the original 'source' language, then reproducing statements, questions and speeches in a different 'target' language. This is often done in only one direction, normally into the interpreter's native language, but may be on a two-way basis.
Interpreters work in the following settings:
• business functions such as meetings, conferences, exhibitions and product launches;
• criminal justice proceedings, known as public service interpreting (PSI), including police and probation service interviews, courts;
• hearings, solicitor interviews, arbitration hearings and immigration tribunals;
• community-based events and assignments within the education, health and social services sectors.
Benefits of interpreting with us include:
• Flexi working to fit around your schedule
• You be part of a growing and reputable agency
• Help and support from our dedicated in house team
• Ongoing training and support
Once your registration has been approved, you will be contacted for any job opportunities in and around your locality.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"