International Trade & Compliance Manager (Defence)
Nicholas Howard Limited are delighted to be recruiting for a new and exciting role as an International Trade & Compliance Manager (Defence).
Based in Havant, the International Trade & Compliance Manager plans and coordinates import / export activities, including the flow of traffic to / from foreign destinations, related customer service, brokerage and customs transactions. Maintains compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt and documentation of imported / exported products. Researches and resolves customer or supplier issues. Interfaces with internal and external worldwide import / export operations and organisations. Negotiates with foreign customers to develop handling agreements. Acts as liaison with U.S. customs representatives to resolve problems. Establishes requirements for license generation, guidance of the license generation and tracking process, and support of submitted licenses throughout U.S. Government review and approval process. Establishes, maintains and controls relations with appropriate government licensing authorities to ensure that the company's position on licensing and technology release is conveyed, understood and accepted. Maintains marketing contacts with both domestic and foreign civilian and military personnel, as well as customers and procurement officers.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Carry out export license accounting ensuring compliance under the (Department for International Trade) DfIT remit for record keeping when using export licenses for controlled goods.
- Maintain suitable procedures and records to demonstrate control of exports to meet DfIT compliance audits, HMRC desk audits and /or corporate audits and other company standards.
- Support the Business Development and Technical departments with export licencing for all demonstrations, exhibitions and trade shows, including Co-ordination with DfIT (Department of International Trade) for F680’s, Exhibition clearances etc.
- Provides subject matter expert advice and establishes requirements for license generation, and support of submitted licences throughout the review and approval process, consisting of UK export licences and government authorisations i.e, OGELs, SIELs, F1686s, End user undertakings etc.
- To manage, record and brief all travel requests and provide approval for the business including the issue of export licensing on a case by case basis.
- Carry out post audit checking of all exports made on behalf of the business on a monthly basis and maintain records thereto for AEO purposes.
- Provide control and accounting of US licensing and Agreements and to provide export advice on US retransfers and/or US licensing requirements in new business ventures.
- Perform record checking of US licence and agreements and identify records of exports made in this arena of compliance for assets obtained under 22 CFR 120-130 aka ITAR.
- Liaise with purchasing, engineering, projects, commercial and other functions to ensure compliance with and an understanding of US ITAR, EAR and End Use requirements and other US requirements.
- Maintenance and coordination of US Authorisations including Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing Licence Agreements, US Licences and exemptions.
- Co-ordination of Private Venture Grading (PVG) and trade compliance ratings (Control List Classifications for Export/import activities including the flow of traffic to/from foreign destinations, brokerage and customs transactions.
Candidates must ensure they are eligible to apply for SC clearance before applying for this position.
To be considered for this position please apply below.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'