A fantastic opportunity to join this UK FTSE listed company specialising in organising trade exhibitions in emerging markets. Historically strong in Russia, the group also has successful exhibitions in Eastern Europe and Asia as well as here in the UK, and has recently acquired events in Turkey, China, Malaysia and Indonesia.
Due to expansion of the international team, we have a requirement for sales professionals to join our established sales teams based in London.
With over 1100 people in offices around the world our aim is to continue expanding and strengthening our business in our core and new markets so we can provide more opportunities for our customers.
Our success is built on our strong work ethic, which is illustrated by the highest levels of commitment from our staff. The working environment focuses on professionalism, high levels of customer service and achievement.
The candidate will be principally focussed on the selling of exhibition space but will have the freedom to cross-sell into delegates and sponsorship opportunities.
The successful candidate will be results driven, focused and an experienced sales professional. The candidate will be required to demonstrate consistently successful sales delivery in past roles with emphasis on prospecting for and the delivery of new business. He/she will be motivated to achieve both individual and group sales targets in a creative manner.
Additionally, the successful candidate can consultatively deliver innovative solutions to meet customer objectives. The candidate will be able to develop and execute their own strategic and tactical sales plan, produced in conjunction with the Sales Director to deliver on the needs of the wider portfolio. An element of travel is required for the successful execution of the role.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / RESULTS AREAS:
- Define and develop existing and new sales to meet agreed revenue and profit targets.
- Achieve and exceed agreed show and personal targets by direct selling to existing and new clients by carrying out sales and marketing activities as agreed with the Sales Director.
- Ensure full understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements.
- Identify new sales opportunities and develop them into long-term business relationships.
- Maintain and build accurate databases to generate sales.
- Work together with the international offices and the Sales team assigned to the relevant event(s) and to keep track of the progress of sales against agreed targets.
- Send and follow up sales literature.
- Monitor and administer competitor events to target potential clients.
- Client Relationship
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with existing key clients.
- Ensure on-site customer care and re-bookings.
- To handle client queries quickly and efficiently maintaining high standards of client correspondence.
- To contribute fully to the on-site preparation and on-site management by working effectively with the Event Team.
- Persuasive and professional on the phone.
- Outstanding oral and written skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Personable and culturally aware
- Determination to succeed through hard work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with people across many different industries and levels of seniority.
- Commitment to offering good customer service.
- Proactive in sales approach.
- Strong team player.
- Highly organised.
- A high level of self motivation and the ability to meet demanding targets within tight deadlines.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong background in exhibition sales required.
- Knowledge of the exhibition industry is preferred but experience in advertising and conference sales will also be considered.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Knowledge of CRM software.
- Media Sales
- Sponsorship Sales
- advertising sales
- exhibition sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'