The Payroll Manager will co-ordinate, control and manage a range of internal and external stakeholders including Local Service Providers, to produce timely and accurate payrolls across 30 countries for over 130 employees and contracted staff.
You will be managing the payroll processes and providers of payroll services including parent companies in Europe, the Local Service Providers and the UK Shared Service Centre. This is not a typical gross to net payroll systems role although an understanding of that is important.
You will ensure the appropriate processes and systems are in place to comply with all UK and country employment requirements. Also, the Payroll Manager will work internally and externally to reduce queries, improve reliability and ensure legal compliance globally.
- Actively manage the starter, leaver and transfer processes via HR and the SSC to ensure accurate payrolls and ensure financial controls are in place country by country.
- Actively manage the Local Service Providers delivery of payroll by establishing Service Level Agreements and holding them to account for a high-quality service to the business as the customer.
- Build high quality global networks to source accurate local advice on payroll requirements and legal issues. Understand the strengths and weaknesses of different sources of advice and ensure advice is taken to enable compliance.
- Work with HR and benefit providers to ensure that all employee benefits which have a payroll impact are well understood by all stakeholders in all Global countries, and that they are built into the payroll processes from a tax, provider, and employee perspective.
- Interpret and maintain an up to date knowledge of existing payroll and benefits policies and procedures, and relevant statutory legislation.
- Ensure accurate calculation of redundancy, pro-rata holiday, sickness payments and produce quarterly and year-end reports and statistics.
To be considered for this fantastic opportunity you will be:
- A strong leader.
- A team player who works with others to achieve the company’s common goals.
- A self-starter who is naturally proactive and confident.
- Comfortable managing simultaneous projects whilst working to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Meticulous and plans ahead.
- A high performer who is results driven.
- Passionate about people and has faultless communication and interpersonal skills.
- Curious and challenges the status quo.
- You will have experience of payroll and processes.
- An understanding of HMRC / tax legislation.
- Knowledge of global market payroll / employment laws desirable.
- Experience of mapping and improving payroll processes.
- Experience of processing high volumes of payroll queries.
- Experience of dealing with external regulatory bodies.
- Benefits administration experience.
- A proven track record of performing at a high level in a busy payroll environment, preferably globally.
- CIPP Membership / qualification desirable.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job