Our partner, a well-reputed children’s charity, is seeking a financial accountant to lead on the development of a the control framework.
The role will sit within a newly created International Programmes Finance team. It is an exciting opportunity for an auditor or financial accountant to be involved in the creation of a control framework and put your stamp on the organisation. They are interested in a candidate able to make a long-term commitment to the organisation, and in turn the head of the team is keen on investing in the career & leadership development of the right individual.
- Design a control framework, and work with key stakeholders in its implementation
- Review the newly implemented system alongside existing practices on a regular basis, and ensure these remain robust and relevant.
- Oversee the planning and management of the team’s cyclical financial accounting activities, supporting finance and non-finance staff in understanding and fulfilling their responsibilities
- Coordinate donor audits
- Act as an advisor on financial accounting matters
- Qualified accountant, preferably with an audit background
- Strong technical skills, and experience working in process development and improvement
- Resourceful & confident when taking on an advisory role
- Ability to communicate with and train, both, finance and non-finance staff Advanced MsExcel skills
The role is based in the UK HQ and is a commutable distance from Watford, Northampton & Bedford. The role is paying £40-£45K, depending on experience.
- Business Development
- Technical Skills