This is an exciting new position with one of the UKs most established companies for developing complex laser technologies and applications. They are looking for talented Service & Support Engineer during a period of strong growth and financial success. The job requires a self-motivated individual who has real hands of Electrical / Electronics Servicing experience in a similar hi-tech environment, ideally laser manufacturing or laser imaging.
This is a new career opportunity with a growing company and will offer lots of opportunities for worldwide travel. The Service & Support Engineer will provide Applications & Service support for equipment in the field and test and commissioning during product development and manufacture in the UK. You will install and commission systems in customer's premises and provide on-site training for operators.
Job Location - Oxford
Salary - £35,000 - £45,000
Commutable from - Oxford, Didcot, Abingdon, Witney, Newbury, Reading, Bicester
Service & Support Engineer Specification
- A sound engineering or physics background, possibly with formal qualifications to HNC/HND or Degree level in an appropriate technical discipline (Candidates how do not hold a formal qualification are welcome if they can demonstrate an appropriate level of experience)
- 2-3 years industrial experience in a similar hi-tech environment
- 2-3 years of customer facing experience as an applications, service or support engineer, visiting customers sites unaccompanied
Aptitudes and desired Abilities
- Maturity, confidence and self-motivation
- The ability to plan work and operate so that customers are confident in our professional approach to support
- Good communication skills, the ability to work collaboratively and use the help and support of colleagues.
- The ability to travel, including overseas. A valid driving licence and passport are required.
- Should fit comfortably in a highly technical environment with a highly qualified and highly experienced staff.
Applications Engineer - Support Engineer - Customer Support - Service Engineer - Maintenance Engineer - Electrical Engineer - Laser Manufacturing - Laser Imaging - Optical Systems
- International Field Service Engineer
- Scientific instruments
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job