Exciting opportunity to commence and develop your career within international development, working with a leading, global not-for-profit organisation specialising in the management of large programmes and projects to accelerate self-sufficiency and prosperity around the globe.
Parkhouse Bell are delighted to support our client, a leading global international development organisation to recruit a Senior Programme Manager.
This role is being offered on a full-time, permanent basis, where you will be based from their UK offices in central London.
The primary purpose of the role is to act in the capacity of a knowledgeable Programme Manager, as a trusted advisor for both internal and external clients, contributing to establishing the PMO as a centre of excellence. To manage the organisations projects in line with corporate procedures and identify opportunities for continuous improvement and growth, including the on-selling of projects and supporting business winning activities.
Other responsibilities will include but not be exhaustive to:
- Manage complex projects to a high standard
- Prepare and agree contracts, seeking appropriate approvals
- Ensuring contracted annual financial target is met or exceeded
- Ensuring deliverables are produced on time and to the highest quality
- Ensuring risks are mitigated and managed
- Managing client and partner relationships
- Executing the line management of other team members
- Deliver annual target for billable days
- Arrange payment for suppliers and contractors with the project accountant
- Resolve post-contract issues as appropriate
The successful candidate will have either experience working as a Senior Programme Manager or will be experienced at Programme Manager level and be looking for the next step in their career. In addition, the successful candidate will hold a relevant post-graduate degree or equivalent, have experience working in a relevant subject area within government or public sector, be able to demonstrate exposure to working in complex and time-pressured contexts in developing countries.
In return you will be offered a starting salary between £40,000 - £49,000pa plus benefits package.
- Contract Management
- International Development
- Project Management
- Project Delivery
- Programme Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'