Reporting to the International Business Improvement Consultant, this role is accountable for leading process improvement projects or providing consultancy to support OnePurchasing Programme change activity, ensuring that we optimise engagement and exploit synergies or share best practice in our ways of working across the business. The role will be responsible for driving effective and measurable benefits through improved and optimised processes using the TUI Way (Lean) methodology.
What you will be doing
You will support large scale process re-engineering or design activity using the TUI Way (Lean) methodology, optimising any opportunities to share ways of working across business areas and functions, ensuring delivery of measurable benefits. This will include:
• Planning, co-ordinating and managing process improvement activity, ensuring that a detailed plan is available to support reporting and communication activities.
• Organise and lead the facilitation of workshops to nurture or establish a collaborative working practice that focuses on end-to-end process understanding.
• Throughout the project, coach and facilitate new ways of working with the Process Owner and subject matter experts from across the impacted business areas, ensuring that interest, drive and engagement are maintained throughout.
• Eliciting, collating and evaluating issues associated with current processes, producing heat maps, affinity diagrams or other Lean documentation to help the business understand and prioritise areas of focus based on measurable impact.
• Conduct root cause or problem solving analysis to identify constraints or design principles that need to be factored in to new ways of working.
• Design and document new ways of working using a collaborative approach. Gain approval and sign off from all accountable stakeholders.
• Ensure stakeholders of all levels are continually updated of progress;
• For technology projects, review business requirements for alignment to agreed processes.
• Evaluate, produce and communicate process risk and control documentation (COSO RCM/ FMEA), making sure that risk is designed out of the process, while balancing this with a Lean and efficient way of working.
• Train and coach the Process Owner to take accountability for continuous improvement and evolution of the process once implemented as needed to embed the changed ways of working.
• Create and implement balanced process measures along with suitable visual management.
• Plan and support implementation through the Process Ownership, ensuring that changes can be sustained.
• Coach and develop supporting Business Improvement Analysts or Executives throughout the lifecycle of the project.
• Line management of more junior team members as agreed with the general Manager Business Improvement.
What we are looking for
• An individual who is comfortable working independently, but also as part of a team.
• A customer focussed, approachable and authentic individual, able to quickly inspire the confidence and trust needed to lead process improvement projects.
• An individual with gravitas, passion and drive for improvement.
• An expert facilitator and coach, able to create the conditions needed for open and honest collaboration, balancing this with the need for expediency.
• Politically savvy and able to arbitrate business issues and agree acceptable solutions.
• Strong problem solving/ analytical skills; demonstrable ability with Lean six sigma tools, able to arbitrate and find acceptable business solutions.
• Strong financial/commercial acumen and value focus, able to show the measureable value of process activity
• An individual who is pragmatic and organised, quickly able to adapt to changing priorities.
• Strong team player with the ability to challenge, provide leadership and effectively coach others.
• Articulate. Engaging and inspiring communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
• Strong relationship and networking skills, able to effectively influence a wide range of stakeholders – has operated with or consulted to senior leader level.
• Demonstrable experience of implementing process re-engineering and improvement projects that have delivered tangible benefits.
• Someone with a sense of fun who can identify, communicate and celebrate success.
• Lean six sigma qualification to minimum green belt will be highly advantageous.
• Process mapping experience with either BPMN or similar. Visio proficient.
• Experience of process risk evaluation tools including COSO RCMs and Lean FMEAs.
Working within TUI group
TUI UK and Ireland is the UK’s largest tour operator with key brands including TUI, First Choice, Marella Cruises and Crystal Ski Holidays. Sub brands include Sensatori, Sensimar, and Family Life, as well as First Choice Holiday Villages and SplashWorld Resorts. Our airline is the UK’s third largest with 62 aircraft operating to over 88 destinations in 30 countries. We have a team of more than 10,000 employees serving over 5.5 million customers each year.
It’s our people that make us number one
TUI Group is the leading tourism business with over 67,000 employees across the world. The Group includes our unique hotel portfolio, our cruise ships, our own aircraft, tour operators, travel agencies, and much more. At TUI, we have embarked on a journey of development towards a more digital, connected and integrated future. But we haven’t arrived there yet. Join us now and shape the future of travel.
You can look forward to a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Apply online, we just need a few details from you and your CV.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'