Harvey McQueen are extremely excited to be recruiting for our client based in the BL7 area of Bolton. They are looking for a Trainee Developer to join their Internal Systems Team. The team develop and maintain all our clients’ in-house systems. The ideal candidate will have some knowledge of using C++. The right person will be placed on a relevant apprenticeship. If you are a committed individual and looking for the opportunity to progress and learn within the team, this is the ideal role for you.
Excellent development opportunity for the right candidate.
SCOPE & PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The role of Internal Systems Trainee Developer is an exciting and varied role.
The job-holder will:
- Assist with the management and monitoring of daily processes that will involve some data discrepancy investigation and resolution. This may also require some technical liaison with data providers to find permanent fix for the data discrepancy.
- Review some daily processes with a view to implement a technical automation solution i.e. development and implementation of code to remove human intervention.
- Investigate and fix bugs within applications.
- Liaise with users to understand requirements and develop new functionality within applications.
- Provide general support for applications.
- Undertakes role of Data Custodian as per Company Information Security Roles & Responsibilities Policy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure timely allocation of tasks within department, company and FCA guidelines.
- Provide point of contact for queries and ensure these are actioned as appropriate.
- Manage own work flow to ensure work is processed accurately and timely
- Manage and monitor daily processes
- Day to day maintenance and support of existing systems
- Provide support on existing systems
- Enhancements and upgrades to systems
- Interaction with users to understand requirements
- Production of appropriate documentation
- To undergo training of the internal systems as required
- Willingness to progress towards further relevant professional qualifications - opportunity/support will be given to study for related professional study if required.
Compliance, Health and Safety & Security Awareness
- Continuing awareness and compliance with FCA, Health and Safety, relevant regulatory and customer requirements
- Continuing awareness and compliance with all internal policies and expectations regarding confidentiality and security of systems and information.
EXPECTED/REQUIRED BEHAVIOURS & SKILLS
- Evidence of flexible, "can do" attitude; self-motivated and willing to maximise personal contribution to the role, departmental and overall organisational objectives.
- Professional approach to confidential information and data
- Strong commitment to customer services and service level agreements/targets.
- Effective and clear communication, telephone and listening skills - ability to build relationships and credibility with staff at all levels
- Ability to work to individual targets and timescales with a level of autonomy
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and personal planning skills; self-disciplined approach to work
- Flexibility and ability to manage multiple demand and changing priorities - able to handle change and embrace new ideas
KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS
Some experience of the following is required:
- Experience working with targets and meeting objectives
- Knowledge of MS-Excel
- Some knowledge of programming and databases preferable e.g. C++
Job Title: Internal Systems Trainee Developer (Apprentice)
Reports To: Developer Team Leader
Department: Internal Systems
Type of Role: Permanent
Hours of work: Full-time, Mon-Fri, 9-5pm
Location: Bolton BL7
Salary: £14,000 - £15,500 (minimum wage)
If this is the ideal role for you, please apply here for immediate consideration.
- Management System
- Operating Systems
- Process Improvement
- Technical Liaison