A leading UK multi-metals supplier in the Sheffield area are seeking someone with previous success in a steel / multi-metals sales environment to join an established and successful company.
Due to the nature of the role, the ideal candidate will be someone experienced within an internal sales position but with the aspiration of growing within the business. Future opportunities to progress to more senior roles within the business will become available over time to those with the skills and drive required.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, you’ll develop business within an existing and dormant customer database whilst also pro-actively seeking out new customers with the aim of building long-term relationships.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Sourcing new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound calls and emails.
- Build partnering relationships to understand customer needs and requirements.
- Close sales and achieve monthly targets as agreed with your manager.
- Maintain and expand your database of customers.
- Maximise processing sales by continually expanding orders and up selling on all incoming and outgoing.
- Ensure that all quotes are followed up within a time frame designated by your manager and that the appropriate people are given feedback in relation to these quotes.
- Maintain an agreed level of pro-active telephone contact with both existing and prospective customers.
- To maintain customer account details to ensure up to date contact, delivery and unloading information is on file; to provide relevant information to purchasing, accounts, works and transport departments to ensure the company complies with Health & Safety legislation and can exceed our customers’ expectations on service.
- Previous experience and success within an Internal Sales environment
- Experience working within the steel / multi-metals industry is required
- Builds strong relationships quickly
- Proactive attitude and approach with the drive to succeed
- Ability to comfortably work to targets and KPI’s
- Excellent communications skills
- Good computer skills
- Good numeracy skills
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'