We are looking to appoint a results-oriented salesperson, operating from our location in Hampshire, to rapidly exploit a number of lucrative growth opportunities to generate business.
Our unique laboratory provides testing of the physical properties of a range of products such as foods, cosmetics, household products, pharmaceuticals and coatings. We have an outstanding client list of the world's leading manufacturers, such as Chanel, Procter & Gamble, Glaxosmithkline and Nestle, and a well-deserved reputation as leaders in our highly specialized niche. As a result, new contacts and customers alike are very often interested to hear about our services - an enviable situation for any sales person making outbound contacts!
Your role will be to perform all necessary internal sales activities to develop business in a range of industries and applications.
Specifically, your tasks will include:
- Sourcing new leads and making direct telephone approaches to potential customers
- Making outbound calls to warm prospects and previous customers currently on our database
- Managing and building our relationships with current customers
- Participating in technical presentations, generating quotations for new work, following up and closing orders
- Maintaining our customer and contact database
- Attending occasional exhibitions and visiting customers in the UK and overseas
Despite the technical nature of our services a scientific background is not necessary, just an inquisitive mind and an interest in our markets and the applications of our services.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualities:
- Results oriented with a drive to hit targets
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Organized and able to prioritize own work
- Computer literate
- Outbound sales experience
Due to our rural location having your own car will be essential