Our client is a subsidiary of a major Group, which is one of the world’s leading producers of drive technology for mechanical and electronic solutions. The Group business is ranked as the second largest European company in the geared motor industry. The company’s products embody an innovative combination between compact mechanics and intelligent electronics. The company market and produce a complete product line of mechanical and electrical drive components that include; quality gear reducers, motors, frequency inverters, servo controllers and decentralized drive technology. The company’s power transmissions technology is used within a wide variety of industries that include; food, beverages, materials handling, cranes, construction, textiles, airports and pumps.
There is a key requirement to recruit a Sales Manager to run and oversee all internal UK sales activities. The individual will report to the company’s UK Managing Director. This is an internal sales position responsible for responding to customers with timely/commercial quotes and for leadership of the company’s internal sales team.
Core Role & Responsibilities
- Manage the day to day smooth running of the internal sales office
- Ensure all sales team procedures and processes are professional
- Oversee and deal with customer enquiries, orders and quotes efficiently and effectively - be the first point of contact for UK customers
- Deal with other sales that could be in relation to projects
- Provide technical support for internal/external sales engineers and Area Sales Managers where necessary
- Be a point of contact for technical advice to the Works Department
Key Objective Expertise & Traits
- Experience of working within internal sales and/or customer service managerial roles for engineering companies
- Technical/engineering sales experience is a must have
- It is also imperative that candidates have successful team management experience i.e. a proven track record of successfully managing small sales teams, ideally within engineering companies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, energetic and driven
- Highly commercial, organised and professional
- Computer literate
If this role is suitable and of interest please do email over to us you CV. We will be in touch with suitable candidates over the next fortnight.
- Sales Motivation
- Team Management
- Technical Sales