Our client is a rapidly expanding independent manufacturer of Material Handling products. Their aim is to provide high quality products with a service level to match.
To complement their standard range, they also stock and distribute a wide range of complimentary products manufactured by major European Industrial Groups.
PURPOSE OF ROLE: Our client is looking for a professional experienced candidate that is driven, self-motivated, and has a positive 'can-do' attitude. Previous experience working in a sales environment is essential.
You must be able to carry out the day-to-day activities of a sales office efficiently and effectively whilst displaying a good level of commercial acumen. The role will involve handling customer enquiries as well as seeking out new business and building good customer relationships.
- Management of enquiries. Responding to customer’s enquiries via telephone or email in an efficient and effective manner ensuring to meet an excellent level of customer service. Accurately quoting correct products and specifications whilst offering advice and recommendations when required.
- Learning and developing skills on the Sage 50 System. Develop knowledge on how to process orders, find customer orders, locate products, check stock, run sales acknowledgements, proforma invoices and delivery notes are all key to ensure efficiency in dealing with any customer enquiry. An understanding of how POD’s are generated for both parcel and pallet carriers is also useful.
- ACT! Database system is used to create most quotes. Quotes need to be created and logged properly. It may be necessary to also use other functions within ACT! That could relate to any on-going marketing activities. General up-keep of the ACT! Database is essential and new or amended contact/ company information must be updated.
- Providing support to other members within the sales team; to help deliver a competitive service and push the internal sales effort.
- Actively look to develop sales and build customer relationships on a daily basis.
- Proven experience in an internal sales/commercial role
- Commercially aware
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to prioritise
- Educated to the Graduate standard
- IT Literate with experience/knowledge of Sage/ACT or similar database platforms/systems
- Driven and motivated with the ability to use own initiative and meet targets
- Confident communicator with the ability to interact on all levels
HOURS OF WORK: 8.30 - 5.00pm Monday - Friday, 30 minutes for lunch
SALARY: Circa 26,000 - 30,000 per annum
HOLIDAY: 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
BENEFITS: Pension, opportunities to progress into a more senior role in the business
- Customer Service
- Sales Environment
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'