Package: Basic salary up to £23,000 (dependent on experience) plus Bonus (OTE up to c£28,000) & PLC Company Benefits
Sector: Packaging Distribution
Macfarlane Group PLC is the UK’s largest packaging distributor, and we are seeking to hire a Sales Coordinator to join our established internal sales team based at our Newcastle site. This will initially be working on a temporary contract basis to provide cover for long-term absence of a team member, but there is often the possibility that temporary contracts with us can lead to permanent employment. As a business, we are passionate about providing fully integrated and innovative packaging solutions augmented by outstanding customer service. As a Group we are continuing to grow significantly and always keen to attract talented new individuals to our business.
The Sales Coordinator Role
Sales Coordination is a key part of what we do as a business, whereby providing the crucial ‘bridge’ between our customers and our internal purchasing, logistics and external field sales teams. This fast-paced, multi-faceted role will see you handling inbound customer enquiries and processing sales orders whilst supporting the external field sales executive and undertaking an element of outbound calling to further develop existing accounts and identify new business opportunities. The role will therefore ideally suit a target-driven and experienced internal salesperson who can demonstrate prior success within a similar multi-faceted office-based role. This position is wholly office based (although due to COVID 19 there is a blended work pattern with 3 days in the office and 2 at home) and focused upon customer engagement, this to understand needs, ensure sales opportunities are realized and provide first class service to the customer base. We are seeking someone who can commit to working full time office hours Monday to Friday.
Sales Coordinator Key Duties
- Managing and developing a portfolio of existing accounts, effectively maintaining profitability
- Pro-actively identify and target new accounts & dealing with incoming queries
- Working closely with and supporting the external sales team
- Administration of sales orders/quotations, ensuring customer delivery dates are met
- Regular use of internal CRM system
- Liaising with internal departments such as logistics and procurement
You must have demonstrable experience of having worked successfully within a similarly fast-paced sales coordination or internal sales position. You will enjoy the variety and tempo that comes with such a role, be comfortable with both taking inbound customer calls and making outbound calls on a regular basis. The prospect of learning a new internal CRM system will hold no fear for you and you will also be an accomplished administrator, able to complete sales order processing accurately. First class telephone manner, customer service and rapport building skills are all imperative as is the ability to forge and maintain effective internal working relationships with colleagues in other departments. You will also be commercially aware, target driven and very much a team player.
We provide a competitive basic starting salary and operate a range of rewarding bonus/incentive schemes. Our flexible employee benefits can include: -
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 27 days with service) plus all public/bank holidays
- Contributory pension scheme
- Free parking at many of our site locations
- Employee assistance program to support & advise with well-being & any issues
- Extensive range of training/development & potential progression opportunities
- Employee discount scheme (discounts on several major retail/leisure brands)
- Tax free childcare (TFC) scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity pay
- Long service awards (5-40 years)
- Charitable giving options
- Financial support with eye-tests/purchasing glasses (DSE users only)
- O2 Mobile discount scheme (up to 25% off)
- Candidate referral scheme (awards £750 for referring successful applicants to Macfarlane job vacancies)
This is an urgent appointment whereby we will be working to identify and review the very best of applicants swiftly in the hope of selecting our favored candidate to commence with us ASAP. (Please note we are holding zoom video-interviews during the pandemic). Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, we are continuing to adhere to Government guidelines whereby a significant number of our employees are working from home for the time being. Dependent on the precise role you have applied for, it is important to note that this may be a feature of your initial employment with us until Government advice changes and the situation improves. To make an application please simply click ‘apply’ ensuring that your CV is up to date and relevant. All applications will be acknowledged, shortlisted applicants normally hearing from us within a week or two. Unsuccessful applicants will also be notified at the end of our process, although if you haven’t heard from us within a fortnight of applying, please assume your application has been
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE
- B2B sales
- inside sales
- customer service
- internal sales
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'