Internal Sales & Applications Engineer
Sunbury on Thames
£35,000 - £37,000 per annum depending on experience
Expo Technologies provides customers with an unrivalled level of support for the delivery of solutions to hazardous area applications in the global market. Using the latest design technology for our design work, we have over 70 staff focused on providing creative and cost-effective solutions for our customers. An opportunity has now arisen for a Project Engineer to join our team.
Facilitate effective sales of company products and services up to the point of handover to the Engineering or Production team. Support Sales and Engineering functions.
Your duties will include
- Carry out Technical Reviews for standard product sales orders, ensuring technical correctness and correspondence to customer orders
- Develop standardised approaches to common application requests, support and train others in these applications
- Produce technical information and rational analysis in means of a quotation that meet customers' or external sales requests within their agreed timescale or to agree a revised deadline if this is not possible.
- Liaise with senior management and all relevant internal departments (production / project engineering / certification) when customer requests fall outside the capability of our standard product applications
- Support the sales administrator in entering sales orders onto sales system
- Provide a detailed technical proposal to the production engineering department in order to initiate projects
- Provide training to staff where required
- Working with OEMs and end users
- Provide technical support to Regional Sales Managers and internal departments
Experience and abilities required:
- Engineering degree or related work experience (mechanical or electrical)
- 5 years experience in an engineering sales role
- Experience of Hazardous Areas is desirable
This is a permanent full time position working 37.5 hours per week.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Benefits of Employment
25 days holiday per annum, increasing to 27 days per annum after 5 years service. 3 days to be used for Company Christmas Closure.
5% employee contribution, 3 % employer contribution rising to 5% after successful completion of probationary period.
Life Insurance Cover for Death in Service
£80,000 protected cover for all employees
Annual Discretionary Bonus
Dependent on Company & individual performance.
Annual Pay Review
Reviewed annually and is subject to personal performance and Cost of Living adjustments.
After six months service, the Company will pay basic salary in full for two weeks which increases with service.
Expo is part of the Cycle to Work Scheme
Company Social Events (Quarterly including a Summer and Christmas Party)