A Top 40 firm of accountants are looking for an experienced Management Accountant to join their St Albans office. This is an internal role, working within the accounting & payroll function for the group of companies under the firm's brand.
Reporting to the Practice Manager, you will oversee the work of 2-3 juniors and act as the sole Management Accountant in the group, which is comprised of four limited companies.
- Prepare monthly management accounts for the four companies in the group.
- Prepare and post monthly journals (Payroll, Depreciation, Fees, Accruals, Prepayments, etc).
- Prepare monthly management accounts commentary and analysis pack for management committee.
- Monthly reporting to committees and department heads.
- Quarterly Partner performance analysis.
- Quarterly Balance Sheet schedules.
- Quarterly VAT returns.
- Annual statutory accounts for Group and subsidiaries and Partnership tax returns.
- Annual budget preparation.
The ideal candidate:
- 2+ years' experience in a similar role.
- Confident preparing management accounts.
- Ideally from an accountancy practice or professional services background.
- Qualified or Part Qualified with AAT, CIMA, ACCA or ACA.
Please apply today or contact Jim Knott at AJ Chambers for further information.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job