Internal IT & Remote Support Operative
Vacancy type: Permanent/Full time
RZ Group has been appointed to find an Internal IT & Remote Support Operative to work out of our clients Rosyth office. This exciting role will see the successful candidate being responsible for Internal IT needs, Remote Support, and Administration requirements of the business.
Our client is an industry leader that prides themselves on providing a great product with first-rate customer service and support. You will be a key element in this mix, working in an inclusive and supportive environment, and enjoying competitive remuneration and benefits.
This role has been created as a result of positive growth and plans for market expansion.
EXAMPLE OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES;
* Act as point of escalation for any internal IT issues experienced by users of our systems, and assume responsibility for resolving those issues wherever possible and/or liaising with our external IT support contractor.
* Assume responsibility for the maintenance of our network infrastructure. This will include ensuring regular program and virus updates and upgrades are implemented, and back up performance regularly checked.
* Co-operating with our external IT support contractor to provide assistance with any projects relating to the ongoing performance and maintenance of our internal IT systems.
* 1st responder to the Installation, and Service Department. You will provide timely troubleshooting and diagnosis of problems, such as; IT, IP and Analogue CCTV (including remotely monitored systems), Access Control, and Intruder Systems. Training will be provided for this.
* Desktop testing, and pre-configuration of equipment and systems in advance of site installations by an engineering team.
* Video calling support (i.e. Skype, FaceTime).
* To maintain the service module within our ERP program. This includes the recording, tracking and closing of all service related issues.
* Preparing schedules for preventative maintenance of customer systems by identifying sites which can be remotely serviced/actioned by yourself, or arranging for engineer attendance where a physical inspection is required. All of which is to be carried out in accordance with specified timelines.
* Assist with the production and distribution of weekly installation updates which are sent to clients, and allow them to track the progress of their orders.
Essential Experience and Skills
* A technically adept service-orientated individual with excellent IT skills.
* Detailed and methodical process management skills with an eye for quality and safe practices, while taking a clear and proactive approach to problem solving.
* Excellent communication skills including the ability to use well developed questioning techniques to ensure correct and timely diagnosis of issues.
For this role, experience of internet based remote access programming service and support packages is desirable i.e. TeamViewer, Honeywell Galaxy Gold - however not essential. Full support and training will be given to the right candidate.
The business has a long term plan to expand the services they offer. Ideally the successful candidate will be motivated, proactive, and demonstrate initiative - wanting to contribute to, and assist in developing this vision.
Salary is dependent on experience.
For a full job spec, and further information, please apply.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job