Our client is one of the busiest commuter rail companies in the UK running more than 2,000 trains, and carrying nearly 600,000 passengers every day between London, Kent and East Sussex. They also run the UK's only high-speed train service on their 'Javelin' trains with a top speed of 140 mph.
Just over 4,000 employees - mostly from the communities that they serve - work together to provide this vital service and they are looking to expand their successful team. They have a strong set of values that shape the way they run their business and guide their staff in delivering what their customers need. These are: They care passionately about their people and their passengers they make the difference together they aim to be the best.
Position: Internal Communications Officer
Location: Friars Bridge Court, London
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Benefits: As well as a generous salary, they offer an impressive benefits package which includes a Contributory Final Salary Pension Scheme and free travel on Southeastern and GTR rail services. After a qualifying period, you can also look forward to reduced rate travel on other train operators, including European services – benefits which extend to family members. You’ll receive a generous annual holiday entitlement and access to an array of discounts for retail and leisure products through their ‘Benefits for You’ scheme.
Closing date: 21 March 2018
About the role:
You will be supporting our client’s Communication Team by developing and delivering timely and relevant communication material appropriate to the targeted audience. The post holder will plan and support the execution of communication projects. There will also be a requirement to support the Press Office when necessary.
- Maintain, design, proof and publish content for the employee weekly newsletter, NOIS and company intranet
- Manage internal communications channels including the employee weekly newsletter, NOIS and company intranet
- Produce and deliver creative communications campaigns, and take the lead on designated communications plans
- Taking photos and arranging photography and filming shoots for internal and external use
Essential Skills / Experiences:
- Previous experience working in a communications role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of project management, time management and meeting deadlines
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint (ideally familiar with website content management and Adobe Creative Suite software)
Desirable Skills / Experiences:
- Understanding of print production process and design
- Related degree
- Experience of working on a variety of intranet platforms i.e. SharePoint Working
You may have experience of the following: Communications Officer, Press Officer, Internal Communications, CRM, Third Sector, Policy Officer, Marketing Officer, Public Affairs, Information Resources, Communications Assistant, Press Assistant, Press Officer, Marketing Coordinator, Marketing Officer, PR Officer, PR Coordinator etc.
This vacancy is being advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by EasyWeb Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job