An opportunity has arisen for an Internal Communications Assistant Business Partner to join Transport for London, on a 6 month contract. The role is split across two locations in London - being Victoria and Southwark. You will specifically be supporting the Trains programme, which is one of the most ambitious of all the London Underground Modernisation programmes. This programme will deliver modern, efficient, highly productive working practices across the trains function and requires direct engagement at every level of the c4,500 trains audience.
This role is focused on internal, employee communications to an audience of circa 20,000 employees. You will support ongoing communications and engagement around the development of the new Trains Manager role, and then transition into supporting the wider consultation and engagement work with all train operators. It is a very fast paced, complex environment and you'll need to balance the demands of the communications team with the needs of your stakeholders. Responsibilities will also include writing articles and content and using multiple communication channels, including intranet, YAMMER, train ops, bulleting, emails, conference calls.
You will be an experienced internal communications professional, who can demonstrate mass audience experience. Additionally you will have:
- Experience of running communications projects and campaigns in customer-facing environments and across the full range of media (in particular face-to-face and social media), with measurable positive impact and return on investment.
- Experience using multiple communication channels, including intranet, yammer, bulletins, emails, conference calls
- Ability to understand the audience and different communication styles needed
- Experience of planning, running and coordinating events
- Excellent organisational, planning and coordination skills, along with the ability to work to tight deadlines/budgets and build strong working relationships
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.