Internal communications and staff engagement manager
A leading pensions company is currently looking for an Internal communications and staff engagement manager to join their fast-growing team.
The candidate will be a key member of the team responsible for advising on and delivering strategies to support company's internal communications and staff engagement objectives. The main purpose of the team is to maintain and improve staff engagement. To support staff and build on company's vision of being market-leading by being a great place to work, attracting, retaining and developing the best people to deliver on their vision.
- Reporting to the head of central communications and staff engagement
- Supporting the development and delivery of the internal communications strategy
- Supporting the development and delivery of staff engagement strategy
- Reporting on effectiveness of activities against agreed KPIs
- Working closely with the other members of the central communications and staff engagement team
- Requires regular liaison with the senior executives, managers, and various teams
- Support, deliver and contribute to the internal communications and staff engagement strategies
- Leading on specific aspects and projects.
- Support activities to develop company's culture throughout the organisation, and to assist in embedding the brand
- Support and coordinate the annual employee engagement survey and follow up programme of work
- Provide internal communications advice and support to colleagues on key projects
- Build strong and productive relationships across the business
Experience and technical skills
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following experience and technical skills:
- Internal communications professional with a real desire to succeed
- CMS experience, preferably SharePoint.
- A proven track record of supporting, developing and activating a range of internal communications programmes and channels which demonstrate a measurable impact
- Experience using a range of employee engagement approaches to build understanding, belief and ownership
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to use existing brand, 'tone of voice' and language guidelines to enhance engagement.
- Design skills preferably on Adobe creative suite
Personal attributes required
We are looking for an employee with the following attributes:
- Strong influencing and persuasive skills
- A creative and collaborative team player who is able to build credibility and relationships quickly
- High level of drive with a very strong 'can-do' attitude
- An eye for innovative ways of delivering internal communications
- Honesty, integrity and able to handle confidential information in a sensitive and professional manner
This role is very varied and requires close liaison with colleagues at all levels. We would expect a person in this role to be highly creative and enthusiastic, with the ability to multi-task. We are looking for someone who is able to work well with people at all levels, has high levels of tact and diplomacy and who can act as an ambassador for the team and its work.
- Internal communications
- employee engagement