What impact will you make? The Opportunity
We are looking for a Statutory Reporting Manager to play a key part in our Finance business in Milton Keynes.
You will form part of the firm’s management, statutory and specialist accounting function supporting the senior management and managing a small team. Your technical expertise will be critical to the ongoing development of our Finance teams.
This role is based in Milton Keynes, but may require occasional travel.
This is a full time, permanent role. However, we are open to discussing agile and flexible working arrangements in line with business need.
- Ensuring the integrity of the monthly, quarterly and annual balance sheet and supporting reconciliations.
- Ensure assets and liabilities are correctly valued in line with accounting policies and IFRS standards.
- Work with the statutory reporting in the preparation of the quarterly covenant pack.
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly VAT returns.
- Work in conjunction with the statutory reporting team to provide appropriate audit evidence.
- Providing technical support to the senior management and the wider Business where required
- Assist in the preparation of accounting papers and ensure that accurate accounting records are maintained.
- Assist in the documentation and maintenance of accounting policies.
- Line Management and development of staff.
- You must be a qualified accountant
- You will also be able to demonstrate team management and development experience
- Have extensive and up to date knowledge of accounting standards
- Experience of balance sheet reporting in a large organisation and liaison with auditors
You are here: Internal Client Services
Internal Client Services (ICS) contributes to the success of Deloitte through six departments: Clients & Markets, Finance & Legal, Human Resources, IT Services, Property & Corporate Services and the Shared Services Organisation. There is no such thing as a 'typical’ ICS person or job. The work we do is as varied as our people are diverse: administrators, artwork designers, accountants, advisors, audio-visual technicians, business analysts, building surveyors, bilingual secretaries. ICS teams are based across the UK, Switzerland and India, all sharing a common goal of providing outstanding support to Deloitte and its people.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
You will play an important role in the functionality of our Finance function here at the firm.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements.
Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 147336
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job