Our Client is a speciality supplier and manufacturer of raw materials to the UK Pharmaceutical Industry.
They are now seeking a candidate for Internal Business Development -Pharmaceutical / Medicinal. This position will be office based near Bromsgrove in Worcestershire. The position is a full-time permanent role.
To develop business by carrying out market research, identifying qualified sales leads, providing marketing and sales support, expediting the customer sampling process and developing new Suppliers
- Confidently and proactively contact customers to provide technical/commercial information
- Develop relationships and build rapport with customers and look for opportunities to increase sales
- Receive and progress customer enquiries (telephone & email / web) of a technical and commercial nature to the satisfaction of the customer and within a specified timescale
- Handle multiple enquiries and follow-ups at the same time, with differing timescales and resolutions
- Technical Marketing Projects
- Customer Sampling
- Supplier Development
- Identify new Suppliers
- New Product Data
- Product Stewardship
- Collating Product Data
Qualifications and Experience
- Strong technical background with a BSc in a Science subject (or equivalent)
- Some experience in the pharmaceutical / medicinal industry in internal business development / sales / marketing is desirable but not essential OR you will be working in the Pharmaceutical / Medicinal industry in QA / QC, Purchasing, Supply Chain, R&D, Regulatory or similar with a scientific background and the desire to pursue a career in internal technical business development / sales / marketing
- Numerate with the ability to analyse data and determine trends
- Totally IT literate and capable of harnessing the benefits of modern customer relationship management/enterprise resource software
- Literate person who can prepare well written and lucid reports. Able to articulate and communicate a compelling case
- Enquiring mind interested in a range of scientific literature
- Flexible and able to prioritise, plan and organise multiple activities
- Excellent telephone manner, friendly and enquiring
- Industrious and with the tenacity to complete a task
- Enjoys being accountable for the success of the business function.
- Drive, determination, energy, tenacity, enthusiasm, loyalty
- Comprehensive training will be provided to ensure candidate success
In return, our Client is offering a competitive package, including a basic salary of £30,000 - £35,000 per annum (salary is negotiable and dependent on experience) plus benefits.
To apply for the above position, please send your C.V and a covering letter to Lorraine Roger, Director at Atom Recruitment Ltd.
- Business Development
- Technical Sales
- Technical Support
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Scientific Background