Internal Auditor (9 Month FTC), London, Hybrid working
up to £38,000 + Bens
Elite Audit Recruitment are working with a client a non-departmental public body, owned wholly by HM Government, established to accelerate public sector investment in energy efficiency technologies.
We are seeking two Internal Auditors to report into the Audit & Risk Manager. You will be part of a newly created internal audit team, with the primary focus of undertaking audits of grants made to Public Sector Bodies under the two schemes. They are looking for someone who is a team player, pays close attention to detail and has the personal motivation to perform the role to the highest standards.
You will also work collaboratively across teams to support a proactive approach to risk management, fraud and error mitigation in relation to the schemes.
· Undertake audits in line with the approved audit plan,
- Ensure that audit documentation and files are maintained as agreed to support audit findings and conclusions using software such as Microsoft Word and Excel
- Prepare the draft report on each audit to a high standard and within agreed time-scales
· Escalate any material audit findings to the Audit and Risk Manager in a timely manner
- Update the Audit and Risk Manager on any emerging issues, which could affect the progress of the audit on a timely basis,
- Liaise with the lead contact for each audit as required during the audit
- Obtain responses to recommendations or proposed remedial actions from the lead contact for the audit
· Undertake follow up work to confirm agreed recommendations have been implemented or remedial actions have been carried out where applicable
- Ensure the audit tracker is up to date for each audit undertaken
· Research and assess how well risk management processes are working making recommendations to management
- Provide ad hoc advice and guidance to managers and staff at all levels, sometimes by delivering courses and training sessions
- Work collaboratively, engaging in staff meetings and training events
- Work with members of the Audit team and other relevant teams on the review/update/or preparation of audit policies and procedures
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the audit systems and processes
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities within the range of the salary grade to support the audit team as assigned by the Audit and Risk Manager
- If you are qualified or part qualified in an accounting qualification or Audit qualification with several years experience in risk based and project Internal Audit experience this could be a great opportunity for you.
This role is an urgent hire so please send in your CV details to Rachael Terry for more information on this opportunity.
- Internal Audit
- Internal Controls
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'