We're a global charitable foundation, both politically and financially independent. We support researchers, take on big health challenges, campaign for better science, and help everyone get involved with science and health research. In the next five years, we aim to spend up to £5 billion helping thousands of curious, passionate people all over the world explore ideas in science, population health, medical innovation, the humanities and social sciences and public engagement.
We're always looking to improve, developing ourselves and our resilience, while keeping work and life in balance. Keen to join our Internal Audit team?
As an internal auditor your key objectives will be:
- To conduct risk based internal audits covering the operational and financial activities of the Wellcome Trust, its subsidiary Genome Research Limited and certain of its significant grant recipients based on the Annual Audit Plan.
- The role will also assist management through the development and enhancement of controls, and by identifying opportunities for process and control improvements.
?The role may include some national and international travel (approximately 10-20%) - largely to review activities of grant recipients operating in the UK, Africa, Asia and the US.
You will be responsible for:
- Implementing Audit Plan?
- Execute audits of Wellcome Trust and GRL business activity as determined by the Annual Audit Plan within timescales and to a suitable level of quality.
- Undertake assignments in a high-quality manner performing detailed planning, fieldwork, deriving preliminary audit findings and holding audit close discussions with senior management
- Identify and communicate risk exposures to management: discuss appropriate action to mitigate relevant risks
- ?Monitoring, Reporting & Control Assessment
- Monitor and report on management's progress in implementing internal audit recommendations using relevant dashboards / reporting mechanisms
- Undertake special investigations / projects as specified by the Head of Internal Audit and report the findings to senior management
- Other Activity?/ Support:
- The Head of Internal Audit in other non-audit activities such as reporting to Audit Committees, monitoring of KPIs, development of Annual Audit Plan and evolution of internal audit methodology and approach
- Consult with colleagues across the Wellcome and its subsidiaries in the development of organisation processes and procedures with the aim of managing risk
Experience & Skills
- Experience working in external audit
- Good knowledge of controls and risk management principles
- Strong commercial acumen with some level of business exposure
- Ability to build effective working relationships with relevant colleagues and influence and challenge key stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to challenge and influence
- Qualified accountant
If you are interested in the role, make sure when submitting your application, you also attach your cover letter addressing your motivations and relevant skills for this role.
Diversity and Inclusion is a priority at Wellcome. We are committed to cultivating a fair and healthy environment, where everyone can be themselves and thrive. We are happy to discuss flexible working options for all roles. We work to ensure that our recruitment processes are as inclusive as possible to everyone. This includes making adjustments for people who have a disability or long-term condition. If you would like us to make adjustments during the application process, please contact us at .
Salary £ 50,000
Applications to be received by 1159pm on 25-Feb-2020
- Internal Audit
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'