Reed Finance are presently recruiting for a qualified Internal Auditor for a globally recognised business based in Liverpool. The Internal Auditor will assist with designing and monitoring programmes that the business has in place to ensure that the directives, procedures and policies being practiced surrounding financial reporting comply with company directives, COSO and the Sarbanes Oxley Act. This role will lead the quarterly SOX self-certification process on behalf of the management lead.
Duties to include:
- Assist with directing, planning and monitoring programs that the business has in place to ensure that the directives, procedures and policies being practiced surrounding financial reporting comply with company directives, COSO, & SOX
- Liaise with finance teams globally as necessary to advise teams how to manage internal controls over financial reporting
- Assist management to ensure that the design and implementation of internal controls over financial reporting are compliant with the requirements of PCAOB standards and the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Act
- Assist the annual risk assessment for accounting processes resulting in the development of the Company’s internal control framework
- Continuously improve and refine the effectiveness of the company’s internal control framework
- Work with management to develop and conduct a plan for internal control compliance training
- Review and analyze the issues and deficiencies reported by management, Internal Audit or the External auditors; facilitate the remediation of control gaps, deficiencies, and escalate critical issues to the senior management and global process owners of the company in form of monthly KPI reports
- Perform quality reviews on performance and documentation of certain SOX controls
- Collaborate with all SOX stakeholders (i.e. External Auditors, Internal Audit, Finance, Supply Chain, HR, Payroll, IT and other teams across the Company) in connection with execution of SOX assessments
- Take a lead in Quarterly Management Certification process across all regions and processes of the Company; facilitate and help management (Local and Global Process Owners, FDs, SVPs) in the quarterly certification process
- Provide subject matter expertise to other assignments or special projects as requested by management
Key Skill Required:
- ACCA/ACA/CIA/CPA (part or full) qualification is preferred
- Strong understanding of internal controls, compliance & risk assessments and process improvements
- Experience and knowledge of auditing principles and internal control frameworks (ideally COSO 2013)
- Demonstrated experience in a commercial compliance or audit role
- Experience of Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements is an advantage Demonstrate high level of accountability
- Professional communication and confident presentation skills
- Comfortable to work in an environment of change, good planning and organisational skills to balance and prioritise work
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Willingness to travel including international engagements
- 25 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
- Death in Service
- Up to 10% Pension Contribution
This role could well suit a head of audit with experience or a senior internal auditor looking to make a step up. APPLY NOW to avoid missing out!!!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'