Gazprom Marketing & Trading (GM&T) is a subsidiary of the Gazprom group - the world’s largest gas producer and one of the world's largest energy companies. Headquartered in London, GM&T operates to provide Gazprom group with a global marketing reach, round the clock operational coverage and excellent customer service. Established in 1999, GM&T has grown from a single office in London into a truly global organisation, with around 1000 employees worldwide. With offices in Europe, Asia and the USA, GM&T trades energy commodities including gas, power, oil, LPG, helium, emissions, LNG and FX and also operates a retail business, trading as Gazprom Energy.
Our culture is defined by our people. Through living our values every day we continue to create a culture that enables us all to succeed. We work as one team with our customers, our parent company and each other in order to understand each other’s needs. With an unstoppable passion for excellence, growth and learning, we’re committed to creating an environment that fosters the development of knowledge, skills and experience, so that our people can thrive and prosper in their careers with us. We believe that we have the best team in the industry which makes us a trusted partner across international capital and energy markets. Our diverse employee base, with a wealth of expertise, knowledge and experience makes GM&T a truly exciting place to work. We encourage new ideas and initiatives as innovative thinking is central to how we do business. Most importantly, we are a growing and developing business where inspired individuals can make a difference and help shape our future.
The Internal Control team has the responsibility of providing an independent view on the Group’s corporate governance and risk management system to the Board of Directors, Audit Committee and Executive management. The role also provides the opportunity to work closely with the Audit Committee members and representatives, as well as the senior management of GM&T.Duties & Responsibilities
Internal Control Advisor's are assigned to work on a variety of audits and reviews which can be regional and global in scope. The main responsibilities of this role are:Establish and maintain stakeholder relationships within the GPG and wider Gazprom Group, including Risk stakeholders, to ensure continuous monitoring and understanding of the business.
- Prepare and update an annual Internal Control plan using input from the team and stakeholders to identify priorities and resource requirements for the year.
- Lead and manage financial, regulatory, compliance and operational engagements, and ad-hoc reviews.
- Lead the discussions with stakeholders on internal control recommendations, remaining robust in the face of challenge to deliver improvements in internal controls.
- Prepare and regularly update the Internal Control operating manual and core methodological documents and standards, and in line with established legislation, techniques and practices, to ensure best practice within the Gazprom Group of Companies.
- Review and sign-off completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the findings and recommendations of all reviews into the Internal Control management system.
- Prepare key deliverables to stakeholders, e.g. quarterly meetings with the Audit Committee, Executive Committee, Risk Overview Committee and any other meetings where we add value.
- Develop and maintain sound commercial knowledge of the energy sector, in particular legislative changes and techniques and practices which may impact current controls.
- Provide Governance and control input into key project management boards across the Group in coordination with Manager.
- Support with ad-hoc tasks.
A thorough knowledge of the principles, procedures and practices of accounting and financial records and transaction, with key skills being:
- Solid project management experience with robust communication skills (verbal and written) and understanding of review procedures, including planning, techniques, test and sampling methods involved in conducting engagements
- Can act as an expert in one of areas of business
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills i.e ability to develop practical solutions to risk areas identified
- Diligent and reliable, with superior degree of ethics and integrity
- Fluent (spoken and written) in English or German, and Russian
- Able to work constructively with colleagues, demonstrating shared commitment to team success and respect for other people's cultures and perspectives
- Able to demonstrate significant experience gained in Internal Control or Audit, External Audit and/or risk advisory activities; preferable within a "Big-4" or energy environment
- Experience of managing a team /project
- Experience of risk-based auditing including strong knowledge of financial and operational audit approaches and techniques
- Experience in the Energy / Oil & Gas or Investment Trading industry
- Degree or equivalent (relevant) qualification in accounting and auditing; and a experience post professional qualification experience including one of the following:
- CIMA (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants)
- ACA (Association of Chartered Accountants)
- ACCA (Certified Chartered Accountant)
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- CIA (Certified Internal Auditor)
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor)
- Corporate Governance
- Internal Audit
- Audit Committee
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'