As a member of the internal audit team, and reporting directly to the Internal Audit Director and Managers, you will be responsible for delivering risk based internal audit work, and risk advisory to a range of clients predominantly in the public sector, in particular social housing providers.
Client satisfaction is of paramount importance to us and the successful candidates will need to have excellent communication and written skills, and an ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
• Performance of internal audit fieldwork including closing meetings with management;
• Preparation of draft internal audit reports;
• Maintaining good relationships with clients;
• Assistance on other special assignments (e.g. fraud investigations, effectiveness reviews) as and when required;
• Providing on the job advice and training to junior auditors and supervision of junior staff when required;
• Controlling audit assignments from planning through to preparation of draft reports in line with agreed timescales;
• Build strong working relationships with the client, ensuring any problems or requests are dealt with promptly;
• Maintain control and stability under pressure whilst recognising the deadline or urgency to be dealt with;
• Respond to the needs of the client and staff;
• Ability to make confident and clear presentations of service features and benefits to clients;
• Ensure that the services provided are genuinely appropriate for the client; and
• Identify opportunities and prospects for new work.
• Educated to degree level and ideally in the process of training for a recognised CCAB or Internal Audit qualification;
• Experience of delivering internal audits;
• Have a good understanding of technical issues surrounding the public sector;
• As this position involves client contact, the person must be able to present a professional image to the firm’s clients;
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills required;
• Desire to help grow and develop the department;
• Ability to think creatively, generate innovative ideas, challenge the status quo and deliver work effectively;
• Ability to express ideas with authority and conviction throughout verbal and written communication; and
Please CLICK HERE to download our benefits booklet
Please CLICK HERE to download the job description.
Mazars is all about people – we believe that each individual makes a difference to the Mazars culture. As an international firm with strong European roots, we are a melting pot of different cultures and disciplines. Diversity is one of our main strengths.
We are an international, integrated, transparent and independent organisation specialising in audit, accountancy, tax, legal, and advisory services. The Group has a presence in 77 countries and draws on the expertise of 17,000 professionals.
We all work within a culture of high support and high challenge at Mazars. We are not afraid to take on new and greater responsibilities. But we do this through encouragement – not pressure and competition.
Mazars LLP is an equal opportunities employer and all applications received by the firm will be considered by the firm on the basis of their merit alone and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals regardless of background. All offers of employment will be conditional on the candidate having/securing the right to work in the UK and providing the firm with evidence of that right (as required by the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006) prior to employment commencing