£25,000 - £40,000 per annum DOE plus excellent benefits
Ambridge Harris is working with our successful client in order to recruit an Internal Auditor to join their existing team. You will be joining a high-profile team that is responsible for independently assessing the design and operation of internal control systems.
The Auditor is responsible for working with the Head of Internal Audit to design and execute internal audits that provide assurance on the identification of risk and the effectiveness of controls.
Internal Audit works across the business and involves interaction at all levels of the organisation, including senior management. The Internal Audit team plays a key role in providing insight and advice to senior management and the Board / Audit Committee and is also a group-wide function that has regular interaction with its global counterparts.
As the Internal Auditor you will:
- Actively contribute to the development of the annual audit plan, the strategy for developing the internal audit team and the development of internal audit plans.
- Review and set the audit scope to identify and evaluate the main risks and controls
- Plan the audit tests to cover the scope, optimising business involvement and meeting agreed time scales and deliverables.
- Undertake audits to agreed professional and departmental standards, either as part of a team, or leading on an audit assignment.
- Build effective relationships at all levels in the organisation, challenge the status quo and influence management, business process and control owners.
- Maintain relationships with and align work / share knowledge with other assurance and control departments (1st and 2nd line), and external auditors.
- Keep up to date with industry, professional, and regulatory requirements, including identifying areas of emerging practice. Deliver ideas and plans that help improve the quality and effectiveness of internal audit processes.
As an experienced Internal Auditor you will have:
- Previous Internal Audit experience, preferably gained in a professional services environment.
- Good working knowledge of internal audit standards and practices, with the ability to apply this appropriately during the course of audit activities.
- Progressed towards relevant professional qualification (e.g. IIA, ICAEW) (desirable) or equivalent qual/experience
- Knowledge of data, technology and / or statistical and modelling techniques (desirable)
- Experience of process mapping and use of relevant software (desirable)
- Excellent command of English and communications skills, both oral and written, with a natural inclination to engage first-hand in dialogue.
- Excellent planning skills, with the ability to readily organise and digest information and apply good time management principles.
- Excellent levels of personal integrity and discretion.
- Excellent prioritisation skills, with the ability to identify areas of focus and to balance competing workloads.
- Experience of engaging / meeting with executive / senior management stakeholders.
- Confident with experience of working under own initiative with little supervision.
- Determination with strong attention to detail with good analytical skills.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.