Basic Salary up to £46,000 + Benefits and generous holiday entitlement.
A government office based in the heart of the City London are looking for a hardworking individual to join their team as an Internal Auditor. They have recently undertaken a period of expansion and continue to go from strength to strength. The company look after their staff well with a range on incentives and benefits.The responsibilities for the Internal Auditor include:
- Liaise as necessary with the external auditors audit team and other external bodies.
- Support the Audit Committee secretariat function.
- Create reports and discuss the findings of these with management and agree remedial actions to address any weaknesses recognised.
- Review projects to confirm compliance with the project management methodology and that key risks are being managed efficiently.
- Provide internal controls advice to help the business areas guarentee that risks are evaluated and controls commensurate with the risk are implemented.
- Carry out operational audits and reviews across the range of activities in accordance with the flexible audit plan.
- Perform ad hoc reviews asked by management.
- Ensure that work is completed to a high professional standard and in accordance with the professional standards and code of ethics of the Chartered Institute of Internal Auditors and the Public Sector Internal Audit Standards
- Assist the development of audit methods and practices whereby Internal Audit is a trusted business partner and enablers of positive change.
- Has or is studying for a relevant professional qualification (such as IIA, ACCA)
- A minimum of two years audit experience (with Financial services experience is desirable)
- Sound understanding of internal controls and risk
- Great writing skills, able to draft reports and memo
- Reliable in handling confidential data
- Good analytical skills and well developed interpersonal skills Able to travel occasionally