Our reputation for quality and great service underpins our success. It’s essential that we continue to meet and exceed the very highest standards and as an Internal Auditor, that’s exactly what you’ll guarantee. As a member of the Internal Audit team, your role will be to help support and be responsible for executing the Selfridges Internal Audit plan.
KNOW THE ROLE
In this highly visible and influential role, you’ll take responsibility for ensuring that everything we do meets not just industry standards, but exceeds and improves on our own.
As an Internal Auditor you will carry out research and reviews across all areas of our business. You will be responsible for the execution of financial and operational audits, reviews and special projects whilst making any necessary recommendations to mitigate against identified risks. You will ensure that planning, audit execution and reporting is comprehensive, is carried out efficiently and effectively and to the required standard.
KNOW WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
• Experience in an Internal or External audit role in either a retail banking, hospitality or catering environment.
• Strong investigatory skills - able to discover, analyse and resolve transactional issues that arise.
• Ability to design and complete detailed and variable audit tests.
• Excellent communication skills, both spoken and written.
KNOW WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
• We will support you with academic funding for your exams so if you are working towards your professional accountancy qualification (ACA or ACCA) this is a great opportunity for you.
• Working amongst Audit professionals that will support and help you develop your expertise.
• An environment that exudes professionalism whilst being fun
• Discount on purchases at Selfridges!
THE SELFRIDGES STORY
Selfridges is a shop run on imagination: a place where the world’s most covetable brands combine with the most extraordinary spectacles, events and ideas for an experience like no other. The story began when Harry Gordon Selfridge first arrived in London from Chicago in 1906 with his heart set on opening his dream store. With his revolutionary understanding of publicity and the theatre of retail, Selfridges Oxford Street opened its doors for the first time in 1909.The founder’s spirit of innovation and creativity lives on through its owners today.
Since 2003, W. Galen Weston and his family have owned and operated the business, which now includes two stores in Manchester, one in Birmingham, plus selfridges.com and the Selfridges App which both deliver to over 130 countries. In 2016 Selfridges was the first ever store to be awarded the title of ‘World’s Best Sustainability Campaign by a Department Store’ at the IGDS Global Department Store Summit, in-line with its focus on buying better and inspiring change. For an unprecedented three consecutive occasions in a row (2010, 2012 & 2014) Selfridges also won the coveted ‘Best Department Store in the World’ award, underlining its place at the forefront of retail.