Internal Audit Manager - 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Based out of Whitbread Court, Dunstable
This is an exceptional senior opportunity provide independent and objective assurance to our Audit Committee on the effectiveness of Whitbread’s system of risk management and its internal control environment.
As a subject matter expert, we will look to you support our FTSE 100 business and our leadership team to accomplish their objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance. As well as being seen as a trusted consultant who can provide advice that is designed to add value and improve our overall operations.
What you will be doing:-
As part of a tight-knit but well-regarded and highly skilled team, you will be utilising your strong planning and organisational skills to run efficient and effective audits across our Group operations.
Our audits involve face to face meetings, data analysis and significant report writing; therefore we will rely on your strong communication skills (both verbal and written) - and your ability to build robust working relationships with stakeholders - to ensure successful and collaborative outcomes.
We work together at Whitbread, therefore being a strong team player will help you get things done. Having best-in-class influencing and negotiation skills will also ensure you can work effectively with our diverse client groups.
- Develop and deliver the Internal Audit’s annual risk based work plan, and work towards the department’s KPIs
- Design and implement improvements to the department’s auditing practices, methods and procedures
- Update and maintain the audit universes for the respective divisions with any system and process modifications and changes
- Production of Audit Committee, MBC and Group papers as required
- Build relationships with leaders across the Group to understand issues and provide advice on internal controls
- Oversee and provide quality control for the department’s audits
- As a senior member of the team, support with recruitment, retention and on going development of our Internal Audit team
- Complete appraisals and provide ongoing feedback to colleagues to ensure they develop the skills required for professional and personal career growth
Why we would like you to apply:-
- ACA or equivalent with 3+ years PQE
- Your previous experience of large scale multi-site retailing or FMCG operations will ensure you can get under the skin of our diverse business
- You have a passion for team development and will thrive in a role with line management responsiblities
- As an expert influencer, you are excited by the opportunity to build new relationships with senior stakeholders
- Your ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines will set you apart
A bit about us:
Premier Inn is the UK’s largest hotel chain and is part of the UK’s leading hospitality company in the FTSE100, Whitbread PLC. With over 750 hotels and more than 60,000 rooms across the UK and Ireland, we have grown rapidly, and have been named the UK’s top rated hotel chain by the Which? Hotel Chain Report 2016. We have set ambitious growth plans and by 2020, we plan to increase the size of Premier Inn to around 85,000 UK rooms, as well as expanding our international presence to 50 hotels.
Whitbread Restaurants form a significant part of our leading hospitality company and includes our much-loved brands; Table Table, Beefeater, Brewers Fayre, Taybarns and Whitbread Inns. We serve over 50 million meals a year in our restaurants, ‘Serving Up Great Memories’ for our customers.
We are fully committed to growing legendary brands through building a strong customer heartbeat and innovating to stay ahead. We are dedicated to our core values; being genuine, confident and committed, and are proud of our winning teams, who make everyday experiences special for our customers.
WHERE WE ARE GOING
Our core business has changed over the years, yet we remain true to Samuel Whitbread’s founding spirit to put our people first, focus on the customer, and recognise that progress comes from innovative thinking. This is reflected in our Vision and Values.
Our values underpin everything we do at Whitbread, across all our brands:
- Genuine - we really care about customers
- Confident - we strive to be the best at what we do
- Committed - we work hard for each other
We would love you to join us on this exciting journey!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'